This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Software Engineering - Mentor
Posted by Sushma Shidramappa (@sushma6994)
Software Engineering - Mentor
What is the role ?
- Design, plan and implement a 9-12 weeks intensive coding bootcamp in one of the learning paths like Full-Stack Web development, Android, Front-end development and Back-end development.
- Design a curriculum by leveraging the best of online resources.
- Help trainees get un-stuck, debug, clarify concepts.
- Do code reviews and give generous feedback to trainees.
- Be a coach and a cheer leader. Continuously push, nudge and encourage, trainees to produce their best work.
- Fully responsible and accountable for the success of every trainee.
Who is it for ?
- You love programming and have an endless list of things that you want to build.
- You want to learn how to motivate others, improve people skills and provide guidance to aspiring developers.
- You are looking to build subject-matter expertise and deepen your own personal knowledge.
- You have a tech blog where you share your latest exploits.
- You can eli5 most things you know.
- You believe that education is broken and have ideas on how it could be made better.
- 2+ years of software development experience.
Why is it interesting ?
- 75 days of paid vacation! Work on side projects, incubate your startup, go do Vipassana, contribute to open source, learn the latest and the greatest or just chill.
- Time-boxed work hours.
- Competitive compensation.
- INR 1L allowance that can be used for courses, seminars, events and travel.
- Get paid to learn and teach.
- Make an impact - Your contribution in building the next generation of coders.
- Office located at 91Springboard - one of India’s leading coworking space. You will be working in the space inhabited by 50+ other startups and will have access to multiple startup and investment events and workshops.
- Various CTOs and Directors of Engineering visit our bootcamp on a regular basis. Interact with them
- You will see and participate up close in the building of an early stage startup.
- Great way to build people and leadership skills. Grow beyond being only an engineer- become a leader
What is MountBlue ?
MountBlue is a unique coding bootcamp based out of Bangalore. Our vision is to be an alternative to traditional college education. Currently, we run coding bootcamps every 3 months for entry level developers on most popular web and mobile technologies, with the goal of finding them rewarding software development careers in startups. We already work with >50 startups. Our developers are in some of the most well-known startups in India - from bootstrapped software shops to unicorns. If successful, MountBlue will rewrite the technology higher education paradigm in the country.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer