This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Director of Frontend
Posted by Ayushi Jain
Front-end development Lead - Game-changing retail technology!
Excellent salary plus bonus
We are MishiPay, a ground-breaking retail tech startup changing the way people shop by bringing the best of the online experience into physical stores. Our technology allows in-store shoppers to pick up a product, scan it with their phone, receive enriched product information, pay directly in the app and simply walk out once payment is complete. We then ensure security against theft via RFID or via the use of the Mishipay dashboard for the staff, guided by our unique risk-engine.
We work with Europe’s largest retailers including Mango, MediaMarktSaturn, Decathlon, and others. We are looking for a talented Front-End Developer wanting to grasp user needs and solve problems in a fast-growing, consumer tech startup. Ultimately, you will make our products more user-friendly and intuitive to attract and retain customers, while creating new features for enhancing the shopper journey. As the role is for a Director level, you need to be ready to lead our existing team of talented developers, hand-picked to build the products for each of their platforms of iOS, Android and Web.
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience creating native iOS and Android applications which have been released on the App Store and Play Store.
- Expertise in some of the following additional development tools: Node.js, CSS preprocessors, REST API, Git.
- Expert at translating complex designs into lean, compliant and responsive code.
- Highly experienced at creating documentation and standards and holding an organization accountable to these standards.
- Highly experienced with validation and QA processes associated with front-end development
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum/Kanban and Waterfall SDLC with knowledge of project management and collaboration tools like JIRA, Slack
- Experience with the SDK, Bootstrap framework.
- Directly manage a team of 4 or more FE developers.
- Take responsibility on deadlines for all Mishipay and Partner apps on iOS, Android and Web.
- Responsibility to deploy client projects and discuss architecture with Back-end, Architecture and Security teams.
- Report to CTO and the remaining Executive Committee every month.
- Develop new Product Roadmap together with the Director of Product and other senior executives.
- Assign budgets and resources to items on Product Roadmap and separate client deliveries required in parallel.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent, relevant experience.
- 6+ years' experience in software development.
- Ability to engage diverse senior stakeholders and drive consensus quickly.
- Demonstrated experience with mobile first and responsive design.
- Excellent communication skills demonstrated an interest in continued education, and the ability to thrive when facing unexpected and/or tasks.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer