This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Hi there! We are looking for a developer to help us with our ongoing and future projects. You could be a full-stack developer, or a WordPress developer or simply, a web developer. If you enjoy writing code and would like to grow as a web developer while building websites hands on — we’d love to have you grow alongside us, as we get better at our craft.
Let’s start by introducing ourselves. We’re Miranj — a web design and development studio based out of Delhi. We architect information and design radically simple, future-proof websites. We’ve been around since 2011, and over the years have worked on websites for a range of clients across several domains — film, tech events & conferences, internet advocacy, bio sciences outreach, online content publishing, public interest campaigns, design and dev studios, to name a few. We’ve also been participating in web conferences around the world while also speaking at and curating a few in India. And throughout we’ve consciously remained small (between two to four people), while tackling projects collaboratively with peers and freelancers.
Our interest lies at the intersection of content, design and code. Longevity of work is important to us, and we try to envision five years ahead while planning, architecting and proposing projects. We actively seek to work on meaningful subjects, and often find ourselves working with non-profit organisations.
- Participating in project planning, strategy and estimations
- Information architecture and data modelling, often in the context of a Content Management System (CMS)
- Working closely with designers and giving suggestions to make designs technically feasible
- Translating designs into front-end templates that render as responsive, interactive webpages
- Building custom features, often to extend CMS functionality by developing plugins
- Auditing code to meet quality expected from modern websites, such as SEO, accessibility, security, etc
- Optimising websites for performance through caching, image optimisation and other #perf best practices
- Deploying websites which include setting up and configuring web servers and related services
- Server and CMS migrations
- Maintenance, support and upgrading past projects
- Communicating with project teams and clients, including creating documentation
- Learning and staying on top of web standards, development workflows, coding strategies and other industry best practises
Some other traits that we think will intersect nicely with the rest of us at Miranj:
- Interest in a long term relationship over a short stint
- Based in (or open to relocating to) Delhi
- Eagerness to take charge and get shit done
- Open to learning, and ability to pick up new tech by reading documentation & tutorials
- Sticking to commitments
- Good communication skills, including writing skills
- Having an eye for design, and a temperament for design thinking
- Open to sharing ideas on how to make work more enjoyable, meaningful and fulfilling
- Love for mountains and trekking
We’d like to emphasise that there will be no discrimination on the basis of caste, race, religion, orientation, gender, physical ability, formal education, age, nationality or any such factors.
- A cool office, with a stocked pantry, which we also run as a small co-working space
- An annual pilgrimage to the mountains, to rejuvenate from the stresses of work and city
- The opportunity to work with modern systems and softwares, with continuous learning
- Medical insurance (post probation)
- A healthy work culture
We don’t have dress codes, time-keeping or unnecessary rules. But this doesn’t really describe our work culture. We’re extremely goal and commitment oriented. We make decisions through careful deliberation (and not democratically), and resolve differences amicably through extended reasoning. Being small, lean and flexible is our strength. About the only thing we are rigid about is our value system, which includes things like: reason and debate over authority; respect and empathy for people — users, clients, peers, colleagues; autonomy over control; slow and considered over fast and hasty, and a few more that you’ll pick up along the way.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer
Welcome to Hasjob!
Since 2011, Hasjob has been the place for Indian tech startups to list job opportunities. This is where startups hire before they become big and famous rocketships. All jobs on Hasjob are posted directly by founders or core team members. We do not accept listings from third-party recruiters.
Apply to a job here to join the startup scene in Bangalore, Delhi/NCR, Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, Hyderabad or one of the many other cities.
You can browse all jobs posted in the last 30 days, but logging in is recommended to make the most of Hasjob. Your identity is safe with us.