We are looking for an expert developer (at least 3 years of work experience) to help us with our ongoing and future projects. You could be a full-stack developer, a WordPress/Drupal developer, or simply, a web developer. If you’re passionate about writing code and wish to grow as a developer while building websites hands on, we’d love to have you grow alongside us, as we get better at our craft.
Miranj is a web design and development studio based out of New Delhi. We architect information and design radically simple, future-proof websites. We started out in 2011, and have worked on websites for a variety of clients across domains such as film, tech events & conferences, internet advocacy, science outreach, online content publishing, public interest campaigns, and other design studios. We’ve been attending web conferences around the world while also speaking at (and curating) a few in India. We’ve consciously remained small (between 2-4 people), while tackling projects collaboratively with peers and freelancers.
- Participating in project planning, strategy and estimation of tasks.
- Information architecture and data modelling, often in the context of a Content Management System (CMS).
- Working closely with designers and suggesting changes based on technical feasibility.
- Translating designs into front-end templates that render as responsive, interactive webpages.
- Building custom features, often to extend CMS functionality by developing plugins.
- Auditing code to meet quality standards expected from modern websites, such as SEO, accessibility, security, etc.
- Optimising websites for performance through caching, image optimisation and other #perf strategies.
- Deploying websites including setting up and configuring web servers and related services.
- Migrating websites between servers and data migration across CMSes.
- Maintaining, supporting and upgrading past projects.
- Documenting work and communicating with project teams and clients.
- Learning and staying on top of web standards, development workflows, coding strategies and other industry best practises.
Your work will involve a healthy rotation of all the above. It is not expected that you will stand out at everything on the first day of your job. However you should already be comfortable with:
- collaborating using version control systems (Git or Mercurial), and
- coding templates from a design mockup, and
- installing, developing and deploying a CMS (e.g. WordPress, Craft CMS, Ghost, Kirby, Statamic, Jekyll, Drupal etc.) powered website.
We believe the following traits will play nicely:
- You favour a long term relationship over a short stint.
- You are eager to take charge and get stuff done.
- You are open to learning, and have the ability to pick up new technologies by reading documentation & tutorials.
- You value your commitments.
- You are good at communication, including writing.
- You have an eye for design, and a temperament for design thinking.
- You like sharing ideas on how to make work more fun, meaningful and fulfilling.
- You appreciate coffee and love mountains.
Applications that don’t include active links to past web projects will NOT be considered.
We do not discriminate on the basis of caste, race, religion, orientation, gender, physical ability, formal education, age, nationality or any such factors.
- A healthy compensation, proportionate to the value you can bring to us.
- A cool office, with a stocked pantry, which doubles up as a small co-working space.
- Annual pilgrimage to the mountains, to rejuvenate from the stresses of work and city life.
- Opportunity to work with modern systems and softwares, with continuous learning.
- Medical insurance.
- Culture that values reason and debate over authority; autonomy over control; slow and considered decision-making over fast and hasty; and a healthy work-life balance.