We at Merak are building the future of digitization and information retrieval. We are already working with a gamut of businesses to develop advanced information extraction systems powered by cutting-edge technology.
We are a small but a revenue-positive (even at a pre-seed stage) operation, based out of Bangalore. We are looking for like-minded driven individuals with a risk appetite to join us as we iterate towards product-market fit.
We are looking for a seasoned full stack engineer to join our core team. You will be responsible for building web apps, deploying machine learning systems, maintaining servers and much more. Work is going to be fast-paced and highly impactful in shaping the business.
Since we work at the cutting edge of a lot of technologies, we would need you to be creative, resourceful, and productive at both individual and collaborative efforts.
Skills we are looking for
General understanding of
- Software Development Life Cycle including but not limited to development, database architecture, control flows and unit testing.
- JS based frameworks like React, Angular etc.
- Libraries like JQuery
- API design and development.
- Web server technologies like Node.js, Nginx etc.
- DevOps experience.
- An idea of how machine learning works (since you’ll be working closely with the data science team).
- Front end technologies like .NET, Android, iOS etc.
- Experience of working in low-level languages like C, C++.
- Bachelor’s or a master’s degree in a related field, or an intriguing reason for not having one.
Personality Traits and Fit
- Willingness to experiment with and learn and teach new technologies on the job.
- Resourcefulness, which in case of a small startup like us can often be the difference between death and riches.
- Leadership skills to nurture a team as we grow.
- Need (yes, you read that right) to solve head-scratching challenges and a passion for getting things done.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer