Full Stack Engineer - Mentor To Go
Posted by Arundhuti Gupta (@arundhutigupta)
At Mentor Together, we want someone who can help us create a technology platform that will deliver an intensive mentorship programme to improve life-skills and employability of over 20,000 young people over the next 3 years.
You live in Bangalore. You are passionate about technology. You are or are trying to be well-rounded and interested to have a full-stack experience. At Mentor Together, you will
- Handle the complete technology infrastructure of Mentor Together, which includes mobile apps, servers, cloud infrastructure, and analytics
- Define and execute the technology roadmap for Mentor Together based on inputs from stakeholders
- Define and maintain processes for smooth communication between operations and technology
- BE degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environments
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience with design and development of moderately complex software projects
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with version control software such as Git
- 6 - 8 years of relevant work experience
- Experience working with Django/Python/PostgreSQL stack
- Experience building apps using React/React-Native
- Basic understanding of AWS cloud
Mentor Together is an award winning non-profit organization that has pioneered the youth mentoring movement in India since 2010. We provide children and youth facing adversity, empowering one-on-one relationships with mentors, that help them break the inequality of opportunity.
Over 2018 - 2021, Mentor Together will work with over 20,000 young people through face-to-face and technology mediated mentorships. Mentor Together’s current and former partners include Amdocs India, Cognizant India, Rosy Blue Foundation, the Edelgive Foundation, Fidelity Management Research, Cisco India, and others.
Our organisational values are:
- Youth centric work - We believe mentoring is an enabling process that responds positively and meaningfully to the voices, needs and aspirations of our mentees. We aim to partner with our mentees in their life journey in order to enable them to realize their own unique potential. Our mentees are our primary stakeholders and the center of all our work; their interests therefore take precedence over everything else.
- Impact driven - We think long-term in our impact. We are here to fundamentally change the trajectories of our youth. We employ evidence-driven theories of change, best in class processes, and everyday experiences from the ground, to ensure that we are doing the best we can to empower our mentees.
- Organisation and team first - Every member of ‘Mentor Together’ is strongly aligned to our vision and mission. We work together as teams upholding the values of trust, respect and integrity. We place the organization first in our work.
- Invigorating workplace - We focus on engaging each and every person in our organization’s mission. We appreciate and celebrate them for who they are, giving them an opportunity to learn and grow, in ways that help them be more fulfilled in their lives.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer