At Masterlife, we are trying to change the way Indians live. Most of us go through life without knowing what true happiness is. True happiness isn't about having all the money in the world or having a six pac. It's about balance. Masterlife is a platform that helps you identify the areas of imbalance and then helps you fix it through its self-paced and community learning programs. We want you to know that you can have it all.
What makes the platform unique is we provide a measurable road map for those of us who spend time charting our goals but give up midway. Inspired by and put together by some of the most credible thought leaders out there, each of our courses allows for maximum success in your chosen sphere. We get it – there is a deluge of information out there and a whole lot of it is given away at no cost. At Masterlife we have put together content with measurable insights so you can track progress and also see how you fare relative to others in your age group, gender and other categories.
The 8 areas of Masterlife that you need to have balance in are Business & Career, Contribution To Society, Finance & Wealth, Fun, Health & Fitness, Relationships, Personal Growth and Spirituality.
Wheel of life is trying to help the 200 million Indians between 25-35 to navigate through work, relationships, life and helping them be better versions of themselves.
SENIOR ENGINEER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- 3-5+ years of experience building tech stack solutions (mobile and web apps)
- Need to have knowledge of Python, CSS, HTML
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design
- Flutter, if not Native Android or iOS experience
- Experience with Google Firebase
- Experience working with version control
- Comfortable working with service side components such as nodejs
- Ability to automate repeatable tasks, including setting up of CI/CD for builds
- Good understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Experience with cloud (GCP,AWS etc) is necessary
- Spends time thinking how to ship this in the leanest way possible
- Has experience in hiring engineers
- Is Bangalore based
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Coordinate with product managers, designers, advisors, founders effectively
- BTech, Bachelor’s in computer science preferred
- Experience in Ed tech or health and wellness is a plus
- Extreme Ownership: We are all about extreme ownership. There is no else to blame. You must own problems along with solutions, commit to lead the part of the chain. Everyone leads and everyone needs to know what they’re doing and why.
- Humility: Ego is good but keep it in check. Our mission is more important than our individual egos.
- Over communicate: Most projects fail because of lack of communication. Not communicating how you’re feeling as well as progress of work. We over communicate because it's the foundation of all success. We over communicate praise as well as criticism. Praise is used so that the receipt of the praise has a reference point for what ‘high-quality work’ and ‘workability’ look like. We must be extremely careful when providing praise. Unclear, un-specific praise that is given without investigation is extremely destructive to all parties involved. And with criticism, it's not mean to provide it, it is mean to not provide clear criticism and instead fire someone because their performance isn’t up to par and things aren’t ‘working’. Criticism is used to point out what isn’t working. We show each other that we care personally about one another by being explicitly clear in our criticism to one another because it is the only way we will improve. We seek out and need others’ criticism because we know we won’t see our mistakes / opportunities to do better on our own
- Upward Manage: We hire smart people so that they can tell us what to do. If we have hired you, you need to tell us what to do in situations rather than we having to tell you what to do.
- Growth Mindset: We only hire people who are constantly thinking about how to get better. They’re curious about how things work and are willing to listen when they don’t know enough about a topic. They are willing to say, I don’t know enough about this but i am willing to pick up these skills.
- Always be grateful: If they share their knowledge, time, money, ideas with you, be grateful. We don’t thank each other enough. Start thanking people for what they do for you. Even the small things. They got you coffee, thank them.
- Be a giver: Givers who know are not being taken advantage of are the most successful people in the world. Don’t be a taker. Do something nice for someone without expecting it. And expect nothing in return. Do it across all areas of your life. Do it for your colleagues, for your family, friends. Be someone who gives constantly.
SALARY: 6 L/year - 10 L/year + equity
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer