This post is from lrrtechnologies.com, which may or may not be affiliated with carrier.com
-Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. Carrier is looking for multiple self-motivated engineers with expertise in simulation These positions will be located at the Carrier Research & Design Center (HRDC).
-The candidate will typically develop/deploy/ demonstrate HVAC-related end-to-end analytics solutions for Carrier products, conduct inter-disciplinary modeling analysis, and explore design-for-service innovative concepts. The candidate(s) will be expected to work in teams in a professional environment and collaborate globally with colleagues from various Carrier business divisions.
The Engineer will be responsible for supporting the development of hardware design.
-BE/ B.Tech. degree in Electrical, Computer Engineering or Computer Science with 8+ plus years of overall experience with minimum of 4+ years in hardware design.
- Understand product requirements; create technical specifications as well as system testing requirements.
- Detailed design and development of microcontroller/microprocessor based circuits with a focus on Hardware and Firmware development.
- Modification and design of systems including Analog & Digital components, sensor interfaces, Signal conditioning, and filters.
- 4+ years of exp in wireless design including Wi-Fi, BLE, Zig bee, Sub-GHZ, BLE Mesh etc.
- Good understanding about wireless technologies, HW test equipments, test methodologies and agency certifications.
- Ability to provide guidance to PCB layout engineer on PCB stack up, control impedance tracks and layout guidelines for DFT, DFM. Practical exposure to Thermal, structural & EMI/EMC guidelines.
- Familiarization with product life cycle Solid design, test, optimization skills and methodology. Troubleshooting hardware, firmware and optimize system performance.
- Update and maintain detailed schematics for products and provide guidance for PCB layouts.
- Working knowledge of communication protocols like RS232, RS422, I2C, SPI, USB, Ethernet etc.
- Perform component selection for new designs. Obsolescence management and value engineering for ongoing programs.
- Provide detailed circuit analysis, tolerance analysis, FMEA and manufacturing test plans for the circuits designed or modified.
- Update BOM & maintain circuit Gerbers and design files.
- Work closely with developers and teams (both internal to the company and external) across global sites to ensure project deliverables are completed in a quality and timely manner.
- Experience in Environmental & EMI/EMC tests/standards. Work closely with test labs for agency certifications like FCC/CE/UL, etc.
- Ensure good design and documentation practices are followed.
- This includes presenting circuit analysis, simulation results, test results, etc.
- Follow internal hardware and firmware development processes and contribute to process improvements.
- Ability to communicate concepts, unit and system level hardware design, design validation test results and progress of projects to core team and leadership.
MUST HAVE SKILLS
- Min 6 yrs industry experience in the area of embedded systems and wireless designs.
- Proficiency in Schematic capture tools like Orcad/PADS/Altium is required.
- Experience with PCB layout tools like Allegro/PADS/Altium layout is required.
- Experience with microcontrollers/microprocessor applications using PICxxx series, TIs MSPxxx series, NXP devices, etc.
- 4+ years of exp in wireless design including Wi-Fi, BLE, Zig bee, Sub-GHZ, BLE Mesh etc
- Proficiency in circuit analysis, circuit simulation using PSpice and circuit tolerance analysis is required.
- Experience in Programming languages like C/C++ and Assembly, a plus.
SALARY AND JOINING
The position will pay quite well - Rs. 25-28 lakhs per annum is the band, and the final amount may be even higher depending on your experience and expertise.
If made an offer, you will need to join in 4 weeks.
This is the opportunity of a lifetime for people looking to specialize in highly coveted niche futuristic skills, and to work in a top multinational company with excellent employee-first initiatives. We look forward to your application.
This will start off as a probationary position for upto 6 months, and will convert to a permanent position after that subject to your performance and other critieria. (During the probationary period, you will be on the rolls of a partner company of Carrier.)
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer