Principal Software Engineer
Posted by Sudeepti
This position will offer the opportunity to gain practical experience in a dynamic and growing industry. Our Principal Engineers are responsible for providing guidance and oversight to multiple teams working on numerous products or developing various forms of technologies. They are leaders who think strategically and have a long-range goal in mind. They work directly with software engineers, architects, and product managers to develop state-of-the-art healthcare products in a highly evolving agile environment. Our principal engineers share the responsibility of building applications and services that are usable, maintainable, and ultimately scalable to meet user demand. Our engineers have a wide-ranging interest in different areas of software development and the software development life cycle. We believe that every member of our team values a healthy work/life balance.
The following work style traits are necessary for working in our team-based development environment:
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Comfortable working in a team environment.
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills.
- Comfortable with shifting priorities to meet the needs of the organization.
- Adaptability, tenacity, maturity, enthusiasm, and drive.
- Innovative Mindset to drive changes in infrastructure for the solution.
- Strong work ethic.
- Positive Attitude
- Good Time Management Abilities.
- Problem Solving Skills.
- Acting as a Team Player.
- Ability to Accept and Learn from Criticism.
- Working Well Under Pressure.
The key responsibilities for this role are to:
- Successful track record of delivering on projects, both individually and as a team member.
- Work collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum team to plan sprints, expand stories into technical tasks, work on removing impediments, and execute at top velocity.
- Develop solutions that are high quality, scalable, reliable, and reusable.
- Organized and detail-oriented, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Strong desire to learn, push the envelope, and share knowledge with others.
- Oversee the product's or projects conception, design, and initial product specifications and manage to schedule, estimating.
- Provide guidance to others.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and issues.
- Extensive practical experience gained from working as a developer and typically answer directly to the senior management of their company.
- Technical leadership to drive product direction, including but not limited to design, implementation, test, and maintenance of complex systems.
- Lead Java development.
- Share expertise and insight with software engineers.
- Mentor other team members.
- Feature design to align with the product design.
- Manage the infrastructure upgrades.
- Propose and execute improvements to product development processes and tools used.
- Exercise judgment to achieve defined objectives and recognize when the external input is beneficial.
- Consistently apply knowledge to solve problems of varying complexity and scope.
- Proactively volunteer for efforts that help achieve the team's goals.
- Minimum 4-year degree in computer science or related field or demonstrated equivalent understanding and ability.
- 8+ years of experience in software solution development, design, and implementation.
- 8+ years of experience in Java enterprise solution development.
- 2+ year hands-on AWS technical design and build experience, including automation,
CICD tooling, etc.
- Preferably having done AWS Cloud or Solutions Architect Associate certifications.
- Should be willing to work in 4-5 hours overlap with Central Daylight Time (US).
- Proficiency with Java frameworks (Spring, JPA, Jersey preferred).
- Proficiency in SQL-based database application development.
- Proficiency with Agile Scrum SDLC.
- Proficiency with automation development solutions - CI/CD tools/processes (Git/Maven/Jenkins/SonarQube/Jacoco/Junit preferred/Fortify).
Additional Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience in application development in an AWS environment is highly desired.
- Experience in NoSQL database application development is highly desired.
- Experience using JIRA.
- Ability to coach others technically.
- Availability to work with 4-5 hours overlap time (Central Daylight), US (Dallas) office
during initial phases of the project; availability for very infrequent potential travel to the US.
- 5+ years of experience working with development teams administering software repository tools (GitHub/GitLab).
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and familiarity with AWS technologies as EC2, RDS, S3/EBS/Glacier.
- 1+ years more Implementing AWS Lambda.
- 5+ years using NoSQL database.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer