This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Letterdrop is a YC-backed startup that empowers small businesses and creators to build an audience through email and blogs. We make it easy to create, collaborate, distribute and monetize through long form-content.
We have built a platform to create blogs, send email newsletters, and earn from content today. We have some early traction and are expanding. Our next step is to serve businesses so that they can create SEO-optimized content, collaborate with internal and external writers, create email marketing automations, share natively on social media, and measure performance on their audience-building efforts. Today, this involves using disparate tools like SEMRush, WordPress, MailChimp, Trello, and Upwork. It's a pain and hard for businesses to market themselves with content. They could increase their organic traffic by 30% with Letterdrop.
What will you do?
- You will be joining a team of 5 engineers working on an early software product.
- Architect and implement features for our publishing platform on both frontend and backend. There is no part of the codebase you won't touch.
- Create infrastructure and tooling for handling high volumes of email and scale. Performance matters.
- Collaborate with team on code reviews and best practices to grow a scaleable codebase.
- Work directly with CEO and other senior engineers to roadmap new features.
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years of software engineering experience. Compensation scales with experience.
- You have side projects on GitHub and can pick-up new technologies and frameworks quickly. Please share your GitHub.
- You are comfortable working full-stack in both backend and frontend development.
- Ability to act independently, work well with a team, and ship features quickly. A positive can-do attitude and confidence that you can solve any problem is needed at a startup where we're figuring things out as we go.
- You have some interest in learning more about SEO, email, marketing, creators, audience building.
Why you should apply?
- You're interested in building something from the ground up.
- Learn best practices on building an engineering team - we use the latest tools and technologies.
- You are looking to work hard at a startup and learn rapidly. This isn't a big company job tweaking small pieces of a giant project without impact. You will be shipping new features every week. You need to take responsibility to build something great and make customers happy.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer