This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Database Administrator- SQL- Hyderabad
Posted by Careers SKS Enterpprises
****Apply only if Hyderabad as Job Location is comfortable with you****
****Apply only if you have minimum 5+ years as Database Administrator****
They are a progressive technology company headquartered in North Carolina. They’re North America’s leading provider of technology-driven reverse logistics, pharmacy and promotions management solutions for more than 1200+ retailers, wholesalers and manufacturers and 32,000 retail pharmacies. Their systems process billions of pharmacy claims, returned/recalled products and promotional transactions each year.
· Should Have Strong Built of 5+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required.
· Should have experience with SQL servers like postgres, mysql , oracle is desired.
· Should have strong knowledge of queries, indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching. How statistics work, how indexes are stored, how they can be created and managed effectively.
· Should have strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication.
· Should have experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
· Should have knowledge of SQL Server tools ( Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SAC, SSCM, PerfMon, DMVs, system sprocs )
· Should have knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
· Should have experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory.
· Should have experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
· Should have expert experience in implementing operational automation.
· Should have ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
· Should have MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
· Should have knowledge on Building and operating scalable, fault tolerant, distributed systems.
· Should have knowledge on using any cloud based web services is an added advantage.
Skills and Qualification
· Computer science or information systems field education required, or 5+ years related work experience.
· Solid understanding of cluster configurations and resource planning and utilization.
· Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python and Bash.
· Penchant for designing and building scalable database servers.
· Solid understanding of data warehousing/archiving techniques.
· Solid understanding of multi-server administration.
· Solid understanding of database scalability fundamentals including partitioning, clustering, replication, multi-site database architectures, high availability, and snapshots.
· Comfortable working in an agile environment with ability to effectively multi-task.
· Optional experience with Hadoop in-memory SQL like database technologies such as LLAP, Kognitio and Presto.
· Optional experience with big data in the public cloud such as AWS, Google and Azure.
· Optional experience with other data technologies such as Incorta, Endeca, Tableau, Qliksense.
· Optional experience with ELT/ETL processes.
· Optional experience with other database technologies such as SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres, Informix, DB2.
· Optional experience with NoSQL technologies such as Couchbase, MongoDB, cassandra, elasticsearch.
- Telephonic or Hangout round
- Hangout Round
- Face to Face interview
Human Resource Planning & Management
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer