Once in a life time, you get to build a platform for 3 million agricultural households
Posted by Usha Devi Venkatachalam (@nadodi)
Krishi Janani is a farmers' network for a profitable and regenerative agroecology. We aggregate farmers’ purchasing power (inputs and outputs) to create an agricultural ecosystem that nourishes farmers, consumers, and the planet. Learn more from website, field notes blog, facebook, or instagram.
Does rural development excite you? Are you willing to travel extensively in rural areas to meet farmers and understand their needs? Can you work hard at creating a technology solution that will benefit 3 million agricultural households in Tamil Nadu? Will you be able to code into existence an online marketplace that can move tons of produce from farm gate to manufacturers and consumers?
Join a different kind of startup - a social enterprise working to make an impact + profit.
Looking for an inspirational technology leader and a well-rounded individual. The perfect combination would be deep domain expertise, abiding passion in enabling social change, humility for lifelong learning, and leadership to create a fantastic & fun team. Of course, since perfect combos are generally a work-in-progress, we are looking for someone who aspires to become this ideal leader.
- 4+ years of experience in designing, developing, and publishing products (web app and/or mobile app), preferably as full-stack developer
- Some experience in or exposure to database (MySQL and/or Mongo), API (cloud functions), messaging, testing, performance monitoring, and server (AWS) technologies.
- Interest in exploring development methodologies such as TDD and BDD that fosters a productive connection between business and technical teams which results in a flourishing social enterprise.
- Deep knowledge of scalable technical architectures, modern software frameworks, CI/CD infrastructures, and agile development methodologies.
- தமிழக விவசாயிகளுக்கான செயலி. ஆகவே, தமிழ் பேச, எழுத, படிக்க தெரிந்திருப்பது விரும்பத்தக்கது. Will work directly with farmers in Tamil Nadu. Tamil language skills desired.
- Critical product development role in a scaleable social enterprise
- Competitive salary, benefits (ESI & PF), and bonus package
- The most important job perk of all - you will bring transparency & traceability to food value chains which will have monumental social impact from farmers to manufacturers, consumers, and this blue planet.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer