Where you fit in
As a Software Engineer, you take ownership of projects, learn, and work
collaboratively with your colleagues. You constantly design, test, evolve and evaluate
the nuts and bolts of our operation while offering a creative and analytical approach.
The high-quality code that stems from your fingertips is robust, readable and
understandable. Your pragmatic test coverage allows you to confidently and
responsibly practice continuous refactoring.
As a backend specialist, you’re passionate about building scalable, resilient and
secure systems. You’re at home writing platforms, and you display an intricate
understanding of how each line of code fits into a business plan.
What you’ll be doing
• Design, build and evolve our backend systems to support customer-facing and
internal features, while proactively incorporating best practices for security, testability,
observability, and analytics.
• Collaborate with cross-functional colleagues to deliver a compelling user
• Contribute to tools, workflows, and culture to ship code from your
laptop/workstation to production frequently and confidently.
• Practice Behavior Driven Development to collaborate and Test Driven Development
to ensure high code quality.
• Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables as part of a
• Learn and unlearn every day by exchanging knowledge and new insights,
conducting constructive code reviews, and participating in retrospectives.
You Must Have
• At least 3 years of professional software development experience.
• 3+ years building scalable systems on Node.js.
• 3+ years building highly performant applications involving mission-critical database
transactions against a relational database system.
• Proven ability to write clean and SOLID code using Typescript or ES2019+,
applying appropriate object-oriented and functional programming design patterns.
• Well-versed with writing DAMP automated tests that are readable and robust.
• Excellent communication skills, spoken as well as written, with a demonstrated
ability to articulate technical problems and projects to all stakeholders.
Extra credits for
• Experience with these technologies: ◦ Postgresql. ◦ The AWS ecosystem. ◦
GraphQL services. ◦ Gherkin syntax and Cucumber for behaviour specifications ◦
JVM-based strongly-typed languages like Kotlin, Scala, Groovy, or Java. ◦ Tools to
create and maintain CI/CD pipelines ◦ Serverless infrastructure.
• Experience architecting cloud-native systems and managing their production
• Experience with any of these architecture patterns: ◦ Domain Driven Design. ◦
Clean Architecture, Hexagonal Architecture, Onion Architecture. ◦ Event Sourcing
and CQRS. ◦ Different Event Driven Architecture patterns
• Ability to contribute in other parts of the stack - frontend, devops, test-automation,
• Experience in financial services or fintech.
• Experience working in product startups.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer