Kalvi is pioneering a new era of technology education with work-integrated degree programs in partnership with top-ranked universities and leading tech enterprises globally. We have raised a seed round from 30+ super angels and are backed by global tech leaders. We are looking for passionate individuals who can ideate, innovate and resonate with our vision and help Kalvi reach new heights. There are no boundaries we are afraid to explore and no stones we won’t upturn to solve the current skill gap perpetuated by antiquated engineering curriculums. If you have experience in leading a team of software engineers and want to be part of this mission to transform higher education, Kalvi’s Technical Mentor sounds like a befitting title for you.
Roles and Responsibilities
A Technical Mentor is going to be a role model for our future SSE’s, hence we are looking for mentors who have at least 3+ years of experience with strong technical expertise as well as strong love for technology and upskilling students.
- Prepare and deliver lectures, tutorials and workshops for students.
- Contribute to the teaching team and partake in all formal daily functions and meetings.
- Deliver live or classroom coding sessions.
- Support and mentor (including pairing) students.
- Perform code reviews.
- Perform technical check-ins with students.
- Solicit and respond to feedback from students and other teachers.
- Perform student assessments as per the syllabus requirements.
Basic Skill Requirement
-Good knowledge on front-end technologies
- HTML 5
- CSS 3
-Good knowledge on back-end technologies
- Unit Testing Frameworks - Jest, Mocha
-Good knowledge on databases
- NoSQL DB - MongoDB
- Relational DB - MySQL
-Good knowledge on DevOps
- Building CI-CD pipelines
- Interest in teaching with ability to explain complex things in simple language
- Prior experience of conducting offline Live Sessions preferred
- Prior experience of leading teams towards project completion
- Willingness to accept feedback
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced English proficiency
- Competitive salary and the opportunity to be part of an impactful movement to transform higher education for the better
- Free accommodation and food when you’re on-campus
- Challenging role designed to significantly enhance technical profile and skills.
- And most importantly, the opportunity to lead a team that puts high focus on outcome-oriented technical coaching and develop the next generation of CTOs
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer