This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
[Intern] FP-Engineer for Backend
Posted by JUSPAY Technologies Pvt Ltd (@juspay-careers)
Juspay's vision is to enable the billion people in India with secure 1-click payments on mobile. Online payment is a BIG infrastructure problem with high demands on a scale, security, and reliability; the capability to power India’s entire internet commerce traffic is what we are building.
We process over 2M transactions a day, through our presence in top apps like Flipkart, Amazon, BookMyShow, RedBus, MakeMyTrip, Myntra, Swiggy, Airtel, Vodafone, Yatra, etc. Having crossed more than a billion transactions in the last year, with more than 125M SDK installs, we are growing at the rate of all apps put together!
What drives us? We take bold moves in technology innovation and that has kept us in a unique position over the years. We’ve built a mobile micro-app platform which we call Presto - that enables us to build an end to end native payments UI experiences inside other top apps. We have also made deep investments in pure functional programming techniques (PureScript/Haskell) which are improving our productivity by 10x.
Why FP? Search the web for “why functional programming matters” and you will find the world moving towards Pure FP techniques.
Oh, did we mention that BHIM was developed by us and built using Presto! It is the UPI app that was launched by the Prime Minister of India!
About the Role:
In this role you will,
- Learn how to build APIs using a concise equation like code using PureScript and Presto Backend framework.
- Build and maintain large scale, reliable distributed systems using Kubernetes, NodeJS, Cassandra, AWS, GCP, etc.
- Collaborate with product managers and downstream API providers like banks and other payment gateways, with UX teams... understand the big picture and influence the product direction.
- Payments have too much diversity... But the concepts have a lot of similarities underneath. Your job will be geared towards constantly looking for common hidden abstractions and create reusable code across various payment methods.
Apply if you are:
- Passionate about programming and especially, FP interests you.
- A seeker of depth and can see work as a means to achieve it.
- Someone who can stick to a project for long stretches of time either to solve a hard problem or to achieve a high bar of perfection (marathoner)
- An ambitious and constant learner who takes hard challenges to up-skill yourself.
At our office, you will find everything to make you comfortably hang around any time of the day. We have a full-size piano and a few other instruments if you are into music :) Lots of books and interesting people to talk to about varied subjects - art, philosophy and of course about how to do the highest feats of engineering/design and attain enlightenment ;) And, we take active interest in helping people reach their highest potential.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer