This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Android Developer - Josh Talks
Posted by Shruti Rathi (@joshtalks3)
Josh Talks is led by it’s mission of unlocking human potential, and comprises of a team of the best minds of the country with backgrounds in content, media, social impact, data driven decision making, growth, marketing, user experience & more.
Our team of advisors and investors include technology stalwarts like Prashant Malik (Founder of Language Cassandra) & Pankaj Kankar (CTO - Lenskart) along with the best names in the investment space - Girish Mathrubhootam, Apurva Chamaria, Ritesh Malik & more.
We believe in creating products for the bottom of the pyramid and are driven to make a difference at scale.
Shipping valuable features requires close coordination between devops, database, API, frontend, and mobile workstreams; Josh Talks engineers commonly pair and rotate focus between these responsibilities. We consistently work with new technologies, and thus value professionals who are open to learning new things, regardless of pre-existing comfort zones. Josh Talks software engineers might solve any of the following problems:
• Write cloud functions in TypeScript
• Ship new features for the mobile apps using modern languages like Swift and Kotlin
• Integrate 3rd party services and data pipelines to drive underwriting decisions
• Triage bugs and exceptions reported in production
• Create intelligent monitors for key customer experiences and risk-relevant events
• Automate daily accounting and financial statements for the company
• Measure and optimize API performance
• Conduct system load / stress tests
How does our process work?
• Short technical exercise to understand your technical skills
• Phone conversation about past experiences, things you like to do
• Live coding session based on relevant problems from Josh Talks’s domain
We aim to circle back to you with feedback within 7 days of any given step in this process.
You will fit well if
• You are results-oriented and enjoy shipping new features
• You are hungry and enjoy being constantly challenged to learn and do more
• You embrace conflict of ideas and like to question the status quo
• You learn fast and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities
• You believe in building great products and doing great work by international standards
• You want to understand the big picture, to be held accountable and make a meaningful contribution with your work.
• Modern languages for mobile development (Kotlin)
• Functional programming concepts (especially in Kotlin and Java)
• Reactive extensions (RxJava)
• Memory management
• Unit tests, instrumental tests
• MVVM and MVI architectural patterns
• Competitive compensation package, including opportunity to earn equity ownership in Josh Talks
• Flexibility to choose your own custom setup (computer, monitors, OS, etc.)
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer