This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Ruby on Rails Developer
Posted by HR Jigsaw (@jigsawacademy)
Jigsaw uses an open source e-learning management system, Canvas, to provide e-learning to her students. We have heavily customized this open source LMS to make it user-friendly, high performing and have world-class features for making the product a one of its kind. Effort is to improve the product continuously. The employee’s key responsibilities are:
- Understand the objectives and future aspirations for the product.
- Break down business requirements into technical solutions.
- Understand the existing architecture and propose improvements where possible
- Write well designed, testable, efficient and reusable code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities related to e-learning.
- Provide IT support for the LMS as needed. Create and maintain software documentation.
- Proficiency in ruby on rails framework
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns in ror framework
- Knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
- Experience with both external and embedded databases
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Basic understanding of nginx server, its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Past work on any learning management system will be a bonus, more so if it is Canvas.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer