Junior Software Developer for a NGO
Posted by Jhatkaa.org Tech Team (@jhatkaaorg-tech)
- Previous experience of 1-3 year in any modern high level object oriented programming language or any of its web frameworks. Experience in Ruby programming language will be preferred.
- Willingness to learn Ruby programming language, related web frameworks and tools.
- Good understanding of OOP concepts and practices
- Working knowledge of GIT version control and Github platform.
- Knowledge of standard coding practices.
- Basic knowledge of Gnu/Linux commands.
- Knowledge of CI/CD will be a plus.
- Experience of Kubernetes will be a plus.
- Experience of using various Azure/AWS services will be an advantage.
- Above average knowledge of SQL.
What will you do?
- Learn our work methods and apply them to daily work
- Maintain legacy wordpress and ruby based software.
- Manage infrastructure (servers etc).
- Write code in Ruby language to fix bugs and to add new features.
- Collaborate with vendors and upstream software developers.
- Write documentation from time to time.
- Write work updates daily to the project management system.
- Learn any technical tool or skill as required to do the job.
Job Location: Remote.
Jhatkaa.org compensates its team members in line with its values as an inclusive, progressive, mission-driven organisation. In addition to striving to provide our team members with financial stability, benefits include flexibility, democratic decision-making, personal and professional growth, and working for a great cause. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply in order to learn more about the many benefits of joining our team, such as:
- Flexible timing-
- Medical Insurance.
- Opportunity to work with expert software developers from all over the world
- Contribute to Indian Society
- 5 weeks casual leave, not including sick leave or holidays
- Feel your karma increase as you are part of campaign victories that create significant social change in India.
- Be a part of an International community of change-makers, and meet-ups globally where you can learn and share from experts across the world.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer