This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Senior Application Developer (Ruby, 2-4+ yrs)
Posted by Jhatkaa.org Tech Team (@jhatkaaorg-tech)
We’re looking for a changemaker
Are you an expert at application development?
Are you iterative & Agile in your approach?
Do you contribute to and own distributed open-source information systems?
Are you comfortable with Ruby, JS & DevOps?
Have you taken any system into production?
Do you believe in equality, inclusivity and sustainability?
Do you want to be part of an ambitious, audacious experiment that could transform India into a more progressive democracy?
If you answered yes to all those questions you’re probably one of the few, crazy, amazing people we’re looking for.
The Job (part-time or full-time)
In this role your key responsibility will be the implementation, maintenance & growth of the platforms at Jhatkaa that allow our campaigns to reach millions of users . You will have access to teams (internal and external) to help execute, as well as access to data and advisory support from a range of high-profile experts. Your key deliverables will be uptime of our systems & addition of features, as we look to engage 3.5% of our targeted population in the long-term.
Location: Anywhere in India (we have an unlimited work from home policy)
Experience: 2-4+ years in relevant roles
- Previous experience working as an active developer / lead on similarly complex systems.
- Previous experience deploying, debugging & maintaining production environments.
What you’ll do
- Work with our campaigns team and come-up with ways to get more citizens involved in our campaigns.
- Improve our UI/UX to increase sign-ups and shares.
- Manage large scale campaigning platforms & build improvements
- Manage InfoSec of the organization
- Build micro apps for specific targeted purposes
- Ensure 100% uptime of our systems
- Support the campaigns team in their day to day operations.
Do the keywords below make sense to you? You don’t need to be an expert at all of them, but you will need a high-level understanding and ability to apply (or coordinate the application) of the following
Jhatkaa.org compensates its team members in line with its values as an inclusive, progressive, mission-driven organisation. In addition to striving to provide our team members with financial stability, benefits include flexibility, democratic decision-making, personal and professional growth, and working for a great cause. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply in order to learn more about the many benefits of joining our team, such as:
- Unlimited work from home
- Flexibility in work process - we hold people accountable to deliverables NOT working hours
- 5 weeks casual leave, not including sick leave or holidays
- Feel your karma increase as you are part of campaign victories that create significant social change in India.
- Be a part of an International community of change-makers, travel to conferences and other meet-ups globally where you can learn and share from experts across the world.
Jhatkaa.org is a nonprofit campaigning startup committed to building grassroots citizen power across India in effective and innovative ways. Jhatkaa.org harnesses technology to help people take collective action on issues that interest or affect them, and create change that would not be possible if they acted alone. Jhatkaa.org also collaborates with civil society to engage citizens to hold corporate, cultural and government leaders accountable in real time at key decision moments through various digital communication platforms.
We are a nimble organisation founded in 2012 that already has a track record of campaign victories that proves we can create massive impact.
Jhatkaa.org is committed to diversity and inclusion and we will consider all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, caste, religion, sexual orientation, age, or physical ability. Women and anyone under-represented in tech are especially encouraged to apply.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer