We are looking for a candidate who can lead our technology function to support internal organizational requirements and explore and configure platforms relevant to communities, civil society organizations, as well as public systems and governments, to help achieve our vision of a just digital society.
- Providing technology leadership to the organization and team, along with other senior members.
- Managing the cloud infrastructure of IT for Change as a part of the team. This includes self-hosting several applications for mail, CMS, LMS, MediaWiki, Moodle, project management, desktop publishing, multimedia, HR, and Financial Accounting etc.
- Customizing the User Interface of applications/CMS used.
- Undertaking research and development on platforms and tools and keeping organizational understanding at the cutting edge.
- Lending expertise to organizational media campaigns.
- Supporting implementation and configuration of applications and platforms for organizational partners.
- Assisting with advocacy events and attending/presenting at national and international advocacy events.
- Designing and implementing projects relating to Big Data, analytics, digital (artificial) intelligence.
- Installing, configuring, using, and troubleshooting different software applications.
Interested candidates must have:
- A Masters or Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or allied education.
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience in digital technology life cycle, covering system architecture, design, development, and implementation.
- Experience in self-hosting and managing multiple free and open source software applications.
- Excellent technical skills, specifically in developing technical architecture and design.
- Training and familiarity in development methodologies and technology platforms.
- A strong public policy orientation.
- Experience with managing people, resources, and action plans effectively.
Remuneration will be commensurate with prior experience and qualifications.
Free lunch in office
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer