Posted by Shajo Kalliath (@shajo123)
About Intellicar Telematics Pvt Ltd
Intellicar Telematics Private Limited is a vehicular telematics organization founded in 2015 with the vision of connecting businesses and customers to their vehicles in a meaningful way. We provide vehicle owners with the ability to connect and diagnose vehicles remotely in real-time. Our team consists of individuals with an in-depth knowledge and understanding in automotive engineering, driver analytics and information technology. By leveraging our expertise in the automotive domain, we have created solutions to reduce operational and maintenance costs of large fleets, and ensure safety at all times.
Enterprise Fleet Management, GPS Tracking
Remote engine diagnostics, Driver behavior & training
Technology Integration: GIS, GPS, GPRS, OBD, WEB, Accelerometer, RFID, On-board Storage.
Intellicar’s team of accomplished automotive Engineers, hardware manufacturers, Software Developers and Data Scientists have developed the best solutions to track vehicles and drivers, and ensure optimum performance, utilization and safety at all times. We cater to the needs of our clients across various industries such as: Self drive cars, Taxi cab rentals, Taxi cab aggregators, Logistics, Driver training, Bike Rentals, Construction, ecommerce, armored trucks, Manufacturing, dealership and more.
Role: Android Developer
Key skills: Android, Java, Android SDK, UI Designing, Performance Tuning, Mobile platforms, Mobile Applications REST
2+ years of experience required.
Education: Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science/IT - Any Specialization
Desired skills as a developer
Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working in a team with other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure.
-Ability to focus and deliver proactively in a dynamic, multi-tasking, fast-paced environment
-Mastery of the Android SDK especially App’s service architecture and User experience. Design Apps for different versions of Android, different screen sizes and permission requirements.
-Should demonstrate knowledge and capabilities on how the App interacts with other devices/systems when using Bluetooth, Wifi (Wifi direct/point-to-point and Access point modes) and GPRS/3G interfaces.
-Should be able to design Apps seamlessly handling cases where there are connection interceptions to other interfaces/devices due to various reasons. Few examples of these scenarios are - Using the App in basement of a building or using App in a low signal area or using the App on a low bandwidth connection and using the App on a connection with interruptions.
-A good number of Apps will be used by internal teams for device fitments, operations, field testing and also be used by other partner organizations/suppliers. Should be able to develop quality Apps in 2/3 weeks’ time and quick and dirty Apps in 1 weeks’ time.
- Take ownership of the design, architecture and planning of the features to be implemented.
- Should possess capabilities to design and build beautiful user interfaces on Mobile. Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application. - Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to backend services. Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Understanding of Google Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Must have worked on robust UI applications.
- Ability to work single handedly on the App
- Ability to work in a team environment
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer