This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Full Stack Developer - Hollywood focused startup
Posted by Sharan Reddy (@indee)
If you love small teams that create outsize changes in our world, you’ll love Indee. Indee helps the largest Hollywood studios and production companies test and promote their shows and movies securely before they release. Think of us as SSL for unreleased movies and TV shows. Our clients include film companies from around the world including 20th Century Fox, IM Global, Reliance Entertainment and hundreds of production houses internationally.
Indee is looking for Engineers to build delightful features, design and implement useful APIs, and improve the reliability of our systems as we rapidly scale our product and organization.
• Architect complex systems ranging from cloud based infrastructure, queuing mechanisms and modelling data.
• Work on deconstructing video and the data provided along with it
• Backend dev, Growth Hacker and Frontend dev - you’re all of them.
• Our pipeline includes features like video manipulation, machine learning (NLP and Video Emotion detection)
• We build features using the lean methodology, be familiar with quick prototyping and MVPs for quick launches
• Build new features, with unit tests, that can support our large-and-growing user base.
• Strategize with team to fix to a problem -- and then make it happen.
• Document, review, code and provide feedback on technical designs.
• Handle deployment automation/configuration management.
• Jump into situations with few guardrails and make things better
• Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintenance
• Knowledgeable of the workings of HTTP and TCP/IP
• Can architect good Restful APIs
• Knowledge of machine learning / data sciences is a huge plus
• Strong CS fundamentals: Data structures, Algorithms, Distributed systems and Information Retrieval.
• Security is crucial - You understand security concepts deeply and write code to protect us and our users.
• You ship fast. Speed is in your blood. Except when you are driving in Bangalore.
• When it comes to architecture you think about past, present and future
• Any open source contribution is a huge plus.
• Familiarity with git.
• Experience with shell scripting is again an added advantage.
• Knowledge of agile and lean way to doing things is a huge benefit
Engineering at Indee:
At Indee, everyone’s an engineer at heart. We were founded by engineers and it shows. If you love to work with designers and marketing teams that follow a numbers based approach to everything - you’ll love our team. We take great pride in our work, and identify strongly with the following characteristics:
We're leaders who love to speak and write about our work, you will be working with a small and very competent team.
A core part of our engineering culture is inclusiveness: We want to accommodate people from all backgrounds, we love the misfits and the geeks, the quiet achievers and the obsessive freaks.
We ship fast. Whatever you build on Monday is likely to be available to the world by Friday. Our sprints are short and very fast.
- We endeavor never to hire idiots that will frustrate our work environment
- Constant supply of snacks, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages and the occasional evening (cough) "drinks"
- Any equipment you need, productivity shouldn't have a speed bump
- Stock options
- 20 days of PTO
- We encourage training and will pay for travel and accommodation for conferences
- Paid online courses for your skill development
- You can conduct startup events
- NERF guns to shoot down any teammate who's being annoying
- You can wear anything you want. The only rule - you HAVE TO wear something!
- Several catered team lunches each month
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer