Ruby on Rails Developer
Posted by Icicletech.com (@icicletech)
Icicle builds Web & Mobile products for Startups, Brands and Enterprises, helping in bringing their ideas to life.
We create beautiful & engaging UX, clean front-ends, scalable applications and manage them on Cloud with a team of exceptional professionals working across domains and time zones.
The team consists of bright young designers, hackers, senior developers, startup specialists. The team is distributed, with offices in NewYork, Mumbai, Bangalore and presence in Pune.
- Work on one of the big complex telecommunication product along with onsite team.
- Implement and enhance product by writing very efficient code using core Ruby metaprogramming concepts and DSL.
- Follow best practices with 100% test coverage for your code.
- Learn and improve your skills by writing high-level SQL code to analyse production data.
- Get exposure and hands-on experience on different tools like Panopta, MySQL clustering, Docker, Elixir/Phoenix etc
- More than 3 years of experience developing applications with Ruby on Rails including knowledge/experience with Test Driven Development approach (strongly preferred)
- Exhibit highest quality software engineering practices, always striving to improve and perfect our craft.
- You write clean code, automate and continuously deploy it
- Have good exposure and learning attitude to play with database and high-level queries to analyze production data.
- Willingness to learn new skills and programming practices in the course of developing solutions that will improve our products and development flow.
- You're looking to be stimulated, solve hard problems, and work with smart people
- You are proactive and pay attention to the security, scalability, performance, availability and usability of our systems
- You want to take ownership of the quality and usability of your code. Ready to revisit your own code and improve it.
- You love to participate in DevOps tasks, design reviews, writing stories, test cases, coding modules, code reviews, unit testing and automated acceptance testing.
- You might not be familiar with every tool for development, but you're a fast learner.
You Should Have
- Ambition to make things awesome, not just good enough.
- 3+ years of experience in Ruby/Rails (for the Back-end position), extensive experience in web development in general and more languages as a bonus
- Prior experience with test-driven development methodologies - used extensively for all products/projects
- Gained good knowledge of working with APIs and performance optimisation
- Value test-driven development, intelligent software design techniques and clean and clear coding style
- Have excellent communication skills.
Good to Have
- Participation in open source projects
- Actively involved in solving problems on Github, Stackoverflow.com and groups
- Passionate about blogging technical stuff is a plus
What you get
- Competitive salary
- You will be working directly with product owners.
- You will make a big impact on our product, specification and decision making
- Opportunity to work with a big team of committed, talented people with a great sense of humour
So, if you have 3+ years of experience developing applications with Ruby on Rails, apply today!
We will love to talk! Please submit
- Your complete application with salary expectations
- Your GitHub ID
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer