This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer for Mumbai
Posted by Icicletech.com (@icicletech)
Icicle builds Web & Mobile products for Startups, Brands, Digital Agencies and Enterprises, helping in bringing their ideas to life. More - www.icicletech.com
We create beautiful & engaging UX, clean Front-ends, scalable Applications and manage them on Cloud. We build products with a captive team of exceptional professionals working across time-zones.
Team consists of bright young designers, hackers, senior developers, startup specialists. Team is distributed, with offices in New York, Mumbai, Bangalore and presence in Pune.
- Design, Architect, Develop & Release multiple products in Financial Domain
- Team size of about 20 with Development team of 6 - 8. Work with different stakeholders - Product Owners, Business Analysts, UX Designers & QA Team
- Work and directly responsible for the end-client, a Financial Major in US
- Get complete control of product with active involvement in deciding stack and architecture
- 4+ years of experience developing applications with Ruby on Rails including knowledge/experience with Test Driven Development approach (strongly preferred)
- Exhibit highest quality software engineering practices, always striving to improve and perfect our craft.
- You write clean code, automate and continuously deploy it
- Willingness to learn new skills and programming practices in the course of developing solutions that will improve our products and development flow.
- Youre looking to be stimulated, solve hard problems, and work with smart people
- You are proactive and pay attention to the security, scalability, performance, availability and usability of our systems
- You want to take ownership of quality and usability of your code. Ready to revisit your own code and improve it.
- You love to participate in DevOps tasks, design reviews, writing stories, test cases, coding modules, code reviews, unit testing and automated acceptance testing.
- You might not be familiar with every tool for development, but you're a fast learner- you can go from zero to expert in no time flat.
PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Memcached,
Coffeescript, jQuery, Bootstrap, React.js (Good to have) or any MVC framework
Capistrano, Heroku, AWS
You Should Have
- Ambition to make things awesome, not just good enough.
- 4+ years of experience in Ruby/Rails (for the Back-end position), extensive experience in web development in general and more languages as a bonus
- Prior experience with test-driven development methodologies - used extensively for all products/projects
- Gained good knowledge of working with APIs and performance optimisation
- Value test-driven development, intelligent software design techniques and clean and clear coding style
- Have excellent communication skills.
Good to Have
- Participation in open source projects
- Actively involved in solving problems on Github, Stackoverflow.com and groups
- Passionate about blogging technical stuff
- Experience in AngularJS, ReactJS or any other MVC framework is a plus
- Prior experience in the Financial industry a plus!
What you get
- Competitive salary with motivating performance bonus
- You will be working directly with product owners based out in US.
- You will make a big impact on our product, specification and decision making
- Opportunity to work with big team of committed, talented people with a great sense of humor
So, if you have 4+ years of experience developing applications with Ruby on Rails, apply today!
We will love to talk! Please submit
* Your complete application with salary expectations
* Your GitHub ID
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer