Product: Axiom An upcoming price comparison product for insurance sector
Experience : 8-12
ICICI Lombard is a general insurance company with a predominant presence in the sector ever since 2001. It is primarily engaged in general insurance, reinsurance,insurance claims management and investment management.
After running a range of it’s digitised products successfully, now we are looking forward to launching India's largest and the finest price comparison product for various insurance products in the market.
We are currently looking to hire a team of experts for the same, so if you want to challenge yourself and take a leap in your career this is the time and this is the place.
The Roles & responsibilities
As an EM, you must be a strong problem solver with a deep understanding of how to make the product modular. You must have built a complete application / product all by yourself, end-to-end. Your peers at Lombard have done so.
You will also be expected to really understand software architecture. You should be able to imagine the architecture of a new product and make choices even before the spec is ready. Further, you will be expected to mentor other engineers on the team and align them to the main idea.
Software development is about expressing logic elegantly – great software engineers are great writers too. Hence, we expect you to have strong communication skills. You will be overall responsible for envisioning the product and its final delivery. You will guide the tech team throughout and create best technical solution choices in order to achieve a quality product.
- You are comfortable jamming on complex architecture and design principles with senior engineers.
- Bias for action. You believe that speed and quality aren't mutually exclusive. You've shown good judgement about shipping as fast as possible while still making sure that products are built in a sustainable, responsible way.
- Mentorship/ Guidance. You know that the most important part of your job is setting the team up for success. Through mentoring, teaching, and reviewing, you help other engineers make sound architectural decisions, improve their code quality, and get out of their comfort zone.
- Design and business vision. You help your team understand requirements beyond the written word and you thrive in an environment where you can uncover subtle details. Even in the absence of a PM or a designer, you show great attention to the design and product aspect of anything your team ships.
- Commitment. You care tremendously about keeping the experience consistent for users and strive to make any issues invisible to them. You hold yourself personally accountable, jumping in and taking ownership of problems that might not even be in your team's scope.
- Strong Software Architecture capability
- Good Analytical Skills and Problem Solving Ability
- Strong grasp of Core Computer Science Concepts
- A deep to hunger to Create Scalable Technology Product
- 8+ years of relevant Work Experience and Experience building an end-to-end solution and final product delivery.
- Strong Leadership Ability and Training Experience
- Strong Communication Skills
- A very wide Technology Stack - Python, Django, PHP, MySQL, Go, FreeSWITCH, jQuery, Angular JS, sipML5, Android, iOS, Cordova
- Great Learning Environment and a lot of freedom
- Some of the best engineers to work along
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer