Posted by Sanjna Merchant
About Hopscotch Health
Hopscotch Health is a technology-driven healthcare startup focused on building the future of healthcare, by bringing together the best practices from data science, artificial intelligence, and behavior science. We work with our partners from hospitals, clinics, and social organizations to create comprehensive programs for chronic disease management.
What sets us apart is that were data smart - our technology is highly adaptable to the most pressing healthcare problems. Through our partnerships with and talent from organizations including Carnegie Mellon University, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, and Asian Cancer Institute, were making the tools to monitor and improve health simple, intuitive, and human. To target, some of the biggest challenges head-on, were building programs tackling tobacco cessation and diabetes management in resource-constrained populations.
Join us in building the healthcare system of the future!
We believe that everybody should be able to afford quality healthcare access, that any healthcare system should account for not just medicine but all the determinants of health and that technology can help us get there faster. Our North Star goal is to establish a roadmap for the implementation of Universal Healthcare.
About the role
We are seeking a web developer to join us in our mission to tackle big, complicated problems with pragmatic, well-engineered solutions. You will work where design meets code. Youll help drive the product forward always striving to simplify the user's experience by reimagining our Cordova/web app and developing and deploying impactful, new features. You'll write clean, compatible, powerful user interfaces with speed and have a passion for dreaming up ways to build good technology combined with people-centered design to work on something that matters. As one of our first front-end engineers, you'll take ownership of front-end engineering by owning a user-facing product and help us build a development pipeline. If this excites you, then come help us move the needle in healthcare!
- Develop and maintain a user-facing web application with Angular and Ionic that is ready for deployment to mobile (via Cordova) and web
- Develop and maintain internal web applications with ReactJS and VueJS
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of devices and browsers
- Test and iterate on the user interface
- Iterate on API design and requirements with Node/Python backend team
- Work with the backend team to develop Firebase data schemas and cloud functions
- Transition into a leadership position for the development team as it grows
Does this sound like you?
- A degree or certification in computer science or a related field with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in HTML5, CSS3 and AngularJS6
- Basic understanding of VueJS and ReactJS
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and asynchronous method calls
- Familiarity with Firebase is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with Redux, Semantic UI, NodeJS
- Comfortable with the ever-changing startup environment and working with distributed teams
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer