Hiring for Senior Researcher (Himachal Pradesh)
Posted by Meenakshi Sharma
society for health Information systems programmes (HISP India) https://hasjob.co/hispindia.org/9e1ed , Kangra, Himachal Pradesh · hispindia.org · Short-term contractShort-term contract · Business/ManagementBusiness/Management
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Help in the design of the formative phase of the research.
- Develop data collection tools through interviews and conduct focus group discussions spanning a diverse range of stakeholders - doctors, nurses, health workers, pharmacists, consumers, patients
- Conduct data collection using ethnographic methods based on research design.
- Study and documentation of micro-level practices
- Support processes of data analysis to answer research questions posed in the study.
- Support the data analysis and writing of research findings
- Support data management processes in the project.
Required educational qualifications, skills, and experience:
- A postgraduate degree from a reputed university - in Anthropology/Sociology with experience in conducting ethnographic research.
- Prior experience in conducting ethnographic research in healthcare settings is desirable.
- Fluency in English and Hindi are essential.
- Willingness to travel and be based in Himachal Pradesh as per study need and to live in the research location during data collection.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- An opportunity to be part of an exciting research project, supportive research, and international research environment.
- An opportunity to work independently and to conduct policy-relevant interdisciplinary research.
- Extensive support to publish the research in high-quality national and international journals.
- A flexible work environment with the possibility to work from home.
- A competitive remuneration package.
- An appointment for 1.5 to 2.0 years.
About the Organization: Established in 2000, the Society of Health Information Systems Programme (HISP India) is a national level not-for-profit non-governmental organization working with government (at centre and states) in setting up-eHealth system. HISP India (hispindia.org) is also part of global HISP research network (dhis2.org) studying and working on health information systems strengthening.
About the research study: This study is part of large research project, in collaboration with the University of Oslo (UiO), on understanding inequities in healthcare access, in general, and antimicrobial resistance, in particular. This ethnographic study will explore the healthcare-seeking practices, and how these are mediated through social and cultural practices, over a 12-18 month period. In this context, HISP India is looking to recruit a Senior Researcher to implement the study in close coordination with researchers from UiO.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer