This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Full Stack Engineer
Posted by Priyanka Sharma
At Hipla we are building the future of smart, connected, secure workspaces. Sentinel is our flagship futuristic visitor management system that eliminates manual, unstructured, insecure, fragmented paperwork, cuts through slow-moving, archaic procedures for setting up business appointments and improves the visitor experience for both organisations and visitors. It replaces multiple such systems that an organization might use to set up, approve and record visits as well as having to wade through custom ways of setting up appointments for the visitors. All of this is offered via web and mobile platforms with data secured with state-of-the-art industry practices. We are trusted by big names across all sectors who rely on our capabilities to simplify their lives so that they can focus on doing their best work.
About the Job
We're looking for an experienced full-stack engineer who can lead our development activities and contribute from the front. We currently work with the MERN stack. This is an opportunity to have a huge impact, gain lots of ownership and a big say in the evolution of our core offering.. We're looking for someone who thrives in the early stages of a company and is self driven.
- Deliver features end-to-end: technical design, development, testing, deployment
- Run and fix things in production, own and evolve the services you develop
- Provide technical leadership to the development team
- Work closely with Product Managers to translate product requirements to shippable engineering work.
- Lead code review efforts
- Be responsible for quality efforts, refactor, set up, improve continuous integration, deployment, delivery, propose and inspire continuous improvement
- Participate in product dialogs, represent the engineering side, highlight viability of product increments discussed
- Work and collaborate in an Agile team, contribute at your best to effective team outcomes. Develop a high-performing engineering team
- Work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Mentor and guide junior engineers.
- At least 5 years experience developing web applications and backend services in a professional setting.
- You should have played an important role in building, shipping and maintaining a non-trivial production service.
- Strong experience with all the pieces of the MERN stack, with at least 2 years of having used them in a production setting.
- Possess excellent understanding of how the web works.
- Familiar with modern engineering practices: code reviews, CI/CD, automated testing, TDD, collaborative work in an agile setting
- Must be willing to constantly learn new things.
- Passionate about joining a small team and building a company.
Nice to haves
- Side/hobby projects, open source contributions.
- Previous start-up experience
We offer competitive cash compensation. We would be very happy if you can work out of Kolkata but we are open to remote, for the right candidates.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer