Software Development Test Engineer
Posted by Rashmi Seshadri (@rashmihevo)
At Hevo, we are changing the way companies leverage data to drive user experience, growth, and business processes.There has been a fundamental change in the amount of data companies are generating on a day to day basis. More and more users in an organization are now looking to use data to drive business decisions. Data is no more a second-class citizen and companies are seeing data as a competitive advantage. We see this change and we are on a mission to change the way companies leverage their data.
With a technology platform processing more than a billion records a day and doubling itself every 6 months, Hevo is poised for exponential growth in the coming future. This position provides a unique opportunity to create a massive impact on all existing and future customers of Hevo through technology innovation.
We are looking for people who believe in challenging the status quo and are ready to be a part of this change. If you are the one who is looking to take a leap of faith and work on the technology of the future, if you obsess over customer satisfaction and experience then we are looking for you.
What we do:
- We implement high throughput data pipelines using Kafka, Java, and Python.
- We build the world's prettiest and most intuitive user interfaces using React, Angular, Typescript, and other OSS libraries.
- We use a variety of other Open Source technologies including MySQL, Redis,RocksDB, InfluxDB, and more
- We write reusable, efficient, and highly concurrent code. We are proud of the technology we build but we are not dogmatic about our techniques.
- We frequently re-evaluate our decisions and proactively make improvements to avoid last-minute chaos.
- Automate test plans for APIs, User Interface, and Other software components in Hevo’s entire technology stack.
- Work independently and with the team to deliver test plans and test cases successfully.
- Work consistently with a thorough, thoughtful, data-driven approach and incorporate best practices.
- Write automated tests that are maintainable and reusable.
- Constructively identify problems and propose solutions, taking on projects that identify and mitigate risk while measuring software quality.
- Establish good working relationships with team members and peers working on related software.
- Participation in design and code inspections.
- Ability to analyze automation frameworks suitable for projects
- Perform manual testing, the scope of which will encompass all functionalities of services as a prequel to automation.
- Analyze test logs; create test reports, co-ordinate with stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree or 2+ years’ experience working in QA, developing automated tests.
- Proven coding skills in Java/Python on Unix/Linux platforms, database testing
- Experience with REST or SOAP and a history of working with API based applications
- Experience writing or enhancing test frameworks is desired.
- A good understanding of databases will be an added advantage.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer