This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Get Hired by Bangalore's top Startups - Headstart HIgher July 22
Posted by Jithukrishnan (@jithukrishnan)
Headstart Network Foundation https://hasjob.co/headstart.in/78eme , Bangalore · headstart.in · Full-time employmentFull-time employment · Mobile (iPhone, Android, other)Mobile (iPhone, Android, other)
Headstart Higher(Tech) - Bangalore
If you are a 'Startup-ready-candidate', Apply here
Multiple startups, facetime with CXOs, all under one roof.
Only startups (young companies) are allowed to hire in a Higher event.
You will undergo a selection before you are allowed to participate.If we like your profile, we will tell you how to buy a Candidate Ticket to confirm your seat.
Apply now - http://bit.ly/blr_headstarthigher
We collect a fee of 500 INR to ensure the seriousness and commitment of applicants.
Headstart Higher has helped over 250 startups hire over 800 candidates so far. On an average, a startup shortlists 4 candidates at Higher with 67% join rate from candidates that have been offered a job post interviews.
How is this different from other job fairs?
It is different on two counts. One, only startups (young companies) are allowed to hire in a Higher event. Two, you will undergo a selection before you are allowed to participate.
Working with a startup has its own challenges and opportunities. If you don’t understand what it takes, read on further. If you do, move on to register yourself by giving the relevant details. If we like your profile, we will tell you how to buy a Candidate Ticket to confirm your seat. We collect a fee of 500 INR to ensure the seriousness and commitment of applicants.
Risks and Rewards of joining a startup:
Joining a startup is nothing like joining another job. It demands long working hours, responsibility, ownership and a lot of passion. In many cases, the startup may not pay you even half as much as your current salary and would perhaps demand double the amount of work. (However, we have a few funded startups as well, who are able to offer very competitive salary packages).
What is on offer is your shot at changing the world by building a business that provides innovative products and services or does it more efficiently than most others in the world. The risk that you take on your salary is compensated either with some equity in the organization or simply the fast growth and learning if the company does well.
Why you shouldn’t join a startup:
You should clearly not join a startup if any of the following is true:
- You have a high commitment on the income you take home. For example, if you are servicing a huge home-loan.
- You have a family that demands loads of attention. For example, if you are expecting arrival of your first child in next few months.
- You are unable to get through other jobs and are looking at this as an option for the time being. Joining a startup is a long-term commitment.
- You care a lot about the brand name of the company you join. It is quite likely that no one in your circle has heard about the startup you work for, or will hear about it in near future.
Why you may join a startup
There are some people who have a natural inclination towards startups:
- You are known for taking initiatives among your friends. You happen to be the one person who organizes all get-togethers and you love it.
- You love the freedom at your workplace. You would find it cool to come to the office whenever you like to and work late hours. Startups usually don’t have an in-time out-time policy.
- You think you work best when you are left unsupervised. There are usually not enough people in a startup to monitor you.
- You are a programmer but love to try your hand at dabble online marketing, sales and making coffee, or any other way around.
All said and done, working in startups is a rewarding experience. The learning curve is 3x compared to roles in big companies. If your startup does well, you grow very fast. If it tanks, you would still have many job options (given your learning curve). Chances are you'll get some equity or at least excellent stock options and this may translate into a good deal of cash if your company makes a handsome exit (probability less than 2% though)
Apply now - http://bit.ly/blr_headstarthigher
No longer accepting applications
Welcome to Hasjob!
Since 2011, Hasjob has been the place for Indian tech startups to list job opportunities. This is where startups hire before they become big and famous rocketships. All jobs on Hasjob are posted directly by founders or core team members. We do not accept listings from third-party recruiters.
Apply to a job here to join the startup scene in Bangalore, Delhi/NCR, Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, Hyderabad or one of the many other cities.
You can browse all jobs posted in the last 30 days, but logging in is recommended to make the most of Hasjob. Your identity is safe with us.