This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
GraphQL is changing the way developers & teams are building software today. Realtime GraphQL paired with event-driven programming that ties together serverless computing on the backend is creating a new way to develop applications, with more power in the hands of the application developer.
Hasura is an open source project at the intersection of the GraphQL and serverless movements and empowers developers to build powerful and scalable applications easily. Our technology gives teams instant realtime GraphQL APIs and event-sourcing for serverless on a database in a manner is high-performance, low-footprint, and horizontally scalable out-of-the-box.
Hasura is being adopted by developers in startups as well as some of the largest Fortune 500 companies today. We are very excited to be at the intersection of these 2 massive ecosystem trends that will have a profound impact on development workflows going forward and we are looking for amazing people who are as excited as we are to join us on this journey!
We are looking for a technical writer to join our team in Bangalore (we’re also open to remote applications if you’re based outside of India). As a technical writer, your role will involve working with GraphQL and Hasura and producing content that will help our customer, partners & opensource users achieve success with these technologies.
Your audience will be enterprise as well as indie developers, and thus we’re looking for fullstack developers who have experience writing about application development across different technology stacks. We’re looking for someone who is naturally empathetic & has a curiosity to understand how things work, why a feature is being built and is able to articulate when, why & how to use it. Our ideal candidate will be able to speak to engineers working on Hasura to quickly understand engineering & design decisions behind the product and translate that into high quality engineering blogposts which have high empathy and technical clarity.
What we are looking for:
- A desire for translating complex topics into approachable, clear language
- A highly empathetic individual who cares for the developers you’re speaking to as well as the content that you're talking about
- You're eager to learn, ask questions, and collaborate with other teams to develop proficiency with Hasura
- Experience working as a fullstack developer building applications with GraphQL, Postgres or other related technologies.
- Prior experience in technical writing (maintains a technical blog)
- Good understanding of software engineering fundamentals. Ability to reason about good and bad practices, look beneath the hype and sift out the true benefits of new trends as being aware of the pitfalls.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams .
- Very good written communication skills in English - style, mechanics & grammar.
- The ability to conceptualize, communicate & execute on short-term and medium-term plans.
- Being very organized & communicating proactively.
- Basic understanding of SEO
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
Nice to haves:
- Has built or actively worked with opensource communities
- Prior experience with Postgres.
- Good understanding of SEO & content distribution tactics
At a high-level, the responsibilities will include the following:
- Being able to build applications using Hasura and try out new features.
- Understand use-cases that Hasura enables by observing community users on discord, talking to teams working directly with customers.
- Work closely with the product teams to understand Hasura, the new features being worked on, the engineering decisions and tradeoffs and be able to communicate the same to Hasura community and customers.
- Educate a varied group of engineers ranging from indie developers to enterprise developers & software architects on GraphQL, Hasura and moving to cloud native & event driven architectures.
- Identify gaps in the GraphQL community with respect to moving to production ready GraphQL for teams and address these gaps.
- Edit & review content community & guest blogger working with Hasura to ensure they meets Hasura's voice and tone standards
- Create deep technical content helping teams migrate to Hasura and GraphQL.
- Author articles in relevant magazines and blogs which have a readership base consisting of enterprise architects & CIOs.
This job will be in Bangalore, or remote.
Working at Hasura:
We are a small team at the beginning of our journey to shape the GraphQL and serverless ecosystems. Through your work at Hasura, you will have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on both Hasura as well as the larger technology community.
As a team, we take a lot of pride in our work. We obsess over the developer experience, and our first priority as a company will always be to make things easier for our users.
We offer competitive salaries, have a generous vacation policy and provide health insurance for everyone employed with Hasura.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination of any kind.
Please visit our careers page (https://hasura.io/careers/) for more details.
Hasura is a venture-backed open-source technology company with offices in San Francisco and Bangalore. Our core project, the Hasura GraphQL engine, provides instant realtime GraphQL APIs and event-sourcing on a database, so that teams can build scalable applications with GraphQL and serverless easily.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer