Who are we?
Marc Andreessen famously said “Software is eating the world”. We agree. We are in an era where companies that do it with software are slowly but surely eating away at those who don’t. Amazon upended retail in the US. E-commerce has become the nemesis of retail shops selling mobile phones. Karnataka’s e-governance projects took away discretionary authority from low level officials and handed it to a bunch of programmers in Bangalore. Business everywhere, from construction to legal consulting, is now at least in part a software business.
And yet, there aren’t enough platforms for developers and those in technology to learn from each other. This is the void Hasgeek fills.
What do we do?
- Build communities by assessing education, capacity building and skill validation needs that tech practitioners from startups, SMEs and large organizations have.
- Discover interesting, novel ideas and approaches to solving business, product, technical and societal problems.
- Elevate ideas and practitioners by putting them before an audience and/or distributing their work to a wider audience of peers. Ideas discovered through Hasgeek’s peer review process have gone to become prominent startups, written into books, and created large-scale impact.
We do the above through a programmatic approach of activities, organizing prestigious technology and business conferences, content creation and production of Best Practice Guides (BPGs).
In the last 10 years, Hasgeek has built a large network of technologists, designers, data scientists and practitioners working in startups, SMEs and enterprises, drawing them to speak about their work, and participate in forums discussing broad issues of technology’s impact on society.
Who are we looking for?
We believe there is a lot that is lost in translation from policies written by lawyers to implementation by practitioners. We want to take these ideas from their nebulous form into actionable items. The Policy Associate will work with our network of external consulting editors and industry experts to:
- Conduct short, qualitative interviews; analyze interview responses and produce written outputs for different audience segments, in different formats.
- Work with individuals from startup and SME ecosystems to bring out information and opinions on timely issues.
- Write research reports and primers.
- Support ancillary outreach activities of the organization.
- Establish and manage relationships with stakeholders.
Backgrounds from which we seek candidates:
- LAMP/SPARC/YIF/YLAC fellows.
- Journalists with experience of tech reporting.
- Professionals from the media and publication industry.
- Researchers with demonstrable interest in tech policy.
- Candidates with a Master’s degree and research work in a related field.
- Preferred candidates are those who have at least 3+ years’ experience working with publications, in the field of journalism or as tech policy researchers.
Candidates with <3 years of experience may be considered on a case-by-case basis contingent upon proof of mettle.
- Interest and experience in issues of tech policy.
- Excellent written communication with strong ability to synthesize information.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts, and flexibility to adjust to a wide variety of working styles.
- An interest in understanding and exploring how technology ecosystems shape society.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Positive, collaborative approach to work.
Location : Remote work.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and industry standards.
Other Benefits: Apart from being plugged in to India’s largest community of tech practitioners, we offer the following benefits:
- When in Bangalore, use Hasgeek House and enjoy the wonders of home-cooked lunch everyday.
- Laptop and health insurance provided by the company after successful completion of probation period.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer