This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Editorial Assistant - Research and Outreach
Posted by Zainab Bawa (@zainabbawa)
Who are we?
Marc Andreessen famously said “Software is eating the world”. We agree. We are in an era where tech-first companies are slowly but surely eating away at those who don’t. Amazon up-ended retail in the US. E-commerce has become the nemesis of retail shops selling mobile phones. Karnataka’s e-governance projects took away discretionary authority from lower level officials and handed it to a bunch of programmers in Bangalore. Business everywhere - from construction to legal consulting - is now at least in part a software business.
And yet, there aren’t enough platforms for business owners, engineers and those who work in and around technology to learn from each other. This is the void Hasgeek fills.
What does Hasgeek and its house brands do?
- Elevate ideas and practitioners by putting them before an audience and/or distributing their work to a wider audience of peers. Ideas discovered through Hasgeek’s peer review process have gone on to become prominent startups, written up as books, and created large-scale impact.
- Discover interesting, novel ideas and approaches to solving business, product, technical and societal problems.
- Build communities by assessing education, capacity building and skill validation needs that tech practitioners from startups, SMEs and large organizations have.
We do the above through a programmatic approach of curated content and activity maps that feed into learning paths for practitioners, including fresh entrants all the way up to middle management and senior level executives. Our approach results in measurable impacts and enables the audiences to find their own paths to knowledge sharing.
Who are we looking for?
We believe that curation is the key to good content, which in turn is the key to engagement and building communities. We believe in bringing out experiential insights and journeyman case studies which allows practitioners to share and have conversations around problem-solving approaches and ideas that can be elevated.
As Editorial Assistant - research and outreach - you will:
- Collaborate with Editors and the Programme Manager to transform the “idea” or concept of the project into tangible outcomes with milestones. In these outcomes, the ones which require writing/content are the ownership of the Editorial Assistant to produce on schedule.
- Research and understand how technology ecosystems shape society and economy at large, thereby developing forward-looking perspectives towards capacity building and community development.
- Produce policy reviews, reports and primers by working with individuals and organizations from Hasgeek’s communities and networks to bring out information and opinions on timely issues.
- Work on dissemination and distribution of content - in relevant forums and platforms - which contribute to elevating good ideas as potential best practices that can be adopted in the industry.
We are open to receiving applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds. You needn’t be in technology to understand and work with tech practitioners. There is added benefit if you have some of the following backgrounds:
- Content research and writing
- Experience in developer evangelism
- LAMP/SPARC/YIF/YLAC fellows
- Journalists with experience of tech reporting
- Professionals from the media and publication industry
- Researchers with demonstrable work which is at the intersection of technology and social studies and/or ethnography.
- Preferred candidates are those who have at least 2+ years’ work experience
- Excellent written communication with strong ability to synthesize information.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, and flexibility to adjust to a wide variety of working styles.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Positive, collaborative approach to work.
Location : Remote work.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and industry standards.
Apart from the opportunity to work with India’s largest community of tech practitioners, we offer the following benefits:
- Health insurance
- Laptop and phone provided by the company
- Budget of Rs. 60,000 which can be used for training and skill development, including purchase of books and periodicals and travel to conferences and meetings within India.
The above benefits will be provided at different stages of tenure and achievement of milestones. Hasgeek also provides a retention bonus on completion of one year in the company.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer