This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Who are we?
In 2022, Privacy Mode brand at Hasgeek launched a Fellowship programme to help practitioners document their work on privacy by design and data privacy. While practitioners documented internal product and design decisions and processes, the gap between what has been said and what can be communicated is wide. If you are looking for a challenge in your career, and an opportunity to work with practitioners on ideas that can make an impact on society, we has a job for you.
What does Privacy Mode do?
- Discover interesting, novel ideas and approaches to solve for privacy, identity and such complex challenges that are emerging in an increasingly digital society.
- Provides a forum to share these ideas - via talks, policy reviews, Fellowships to document best practices, and such activities.
- Elevate ideas and practitioners by putting them before an audience and/or distributing their work to a wider audience of peers. The Fellowship is one such project. Other works include community responses to recent policies such as the CERT-In directives, IT Rules Amendments, etc.
- Assesses education, capacity building and skill validation needs that tech practitioners from SMEs and practice-based communities have around data privacy and data security.
Privacy Mode adopts a programmatic approach of curated content and activity maps that feed into learning paths for practitioners, including fresh entrants all the way up to middle management and senior level executives. Our approach results in measurable impacts and enables the audiences to find their own paths to knowledge sharing.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a technical writer to work on refining and polishing the texts produced by Privacy Mode fellows. This is a two-month project, which can be extended to a long-term hire, based on the outcomes achieved in the first two months. Your responsibilities will include:
- To collaborate with Editors and the Programme Manager to refine the texts produced by Fellows into texts that can be disseminated across a diverse section of audiences, including policymakers at MEITY.
- Working with graphic designers and video editors to add graphics and videos to the texts produced by the Fellows.
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities. This includes producing one long-form article and two short articles from the Fellowship projects for media publications.
- Preferred candidates are those who have 2-3 years’ professional experience.
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation.
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation, paying attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and visual form.
- Excellent written communication with strong ability to synthesize information.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, and flexibility to adjust to a wide variety of working styles.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Positive, collaborative approach to work.
Location : Remote work.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and industry standards.