Software Engineer II
Posted by Gourav Thakkar (@gourav-haruka)
Job title: Software Development Engineer - II
HarukaEDU is an ed-tech company established in 2013 that provides a turn-key solution to enable universities to offer quality online education with minimum investments and risk. Our vision is to provide a brighter future for Indonesians through affordable, quality online degrees and education.
HarukaEDU focuses on building a life-long learning platform to help working adults get better education and re-skill/up-skill at various levels of their career.
Pintaria is an integrated lifelong learning and career web portal launched by HarukaEdu. At Pintaria, people can learn about various professions in high demand, find and take online/blended learning degree (undergraduate and master) and training programs that will provide education and skills needed for those professions, as well as look for available jobs in the market. Partnering with qualified universities and trusted training providers in Indonesia, Pintaria offers a flexible way for employees, young adults, or anyone who want to improve their education and skills and advance their career by taking online/blended learning degree and training programs during their busy time. With the following values offered: quality programs, trusted partners, flexible learning schedule, and affordable price, Pintaria is a smart solution for lifelong learning and career advancement needs.
We are looking for strong engineers who will join our engineering team to develop a product that will help our vision.
At HarukaEdu, you will:
- Lead the development of the backend systems for various products.
- Help shape the direction of backend development.
- Define the vision for and implement the system architecture, design, and code.
- Build reliable, secure and performant backend systems.
- Drive test coverage and continuous delivery automation within the team.
- Mentor and provide feedback to teammates.
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a Scrum team.
- Play a key role in hiring.
Experience: 2+ Years in designing and developing complex and scalable software modules.
- The ideal candidate will be an experienced developer with exceptional software system design, problem solving, and object-oriented coding skills
- Good understanding of system performance trade-offs, load balancing, and engineering for high availability.
- Obsessed about building quality software and owning end to end responsibility for the developed features.
- Deep understanding of relational databases, transactions, entity-relationship modeling
- Comfortable in working in (AWS) cloud-based architecture.
- Hands on experience in major DBs, Caches and Queuing systems
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, Python, or NodeJS including object-oriented design.
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, or similar degree from a top tier institution.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer