This post is from happaround.me, which may or may not be affiliated with happlabs.tech
We are looking for a database specialist responsible for maintaining the database by planning, monitoring, and improving performance.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Plans database upgrades by maintaining , evaluating, and improving a transaction processing model
- Assesses database performance by developing a protocol for measurement of results and identification of problem areas.
- Supports database performance by monitoring database performance; evaluating and resolving processing and programming problems; designing database management tools; answering user questions.
- Secures database by preparing access and control policies and procedures; implementing disaster recovery procedures.
- Supports application design by contributing expertise to applications, operations, and technical support teams.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Coordinate and manage database activities to support application development projects.
- Provide functional and technical support to ensure performance, operation and stability of database systems.
- Manage data exporting and importing across database systems.
- Prepare documentations of all database procedures and guidelines.
- Respond to database related queries and issues in a timely fashion.
- Monitor database activities on a daily basis to ensure the reliability and security of databases.
- Ensure that the database is properly tested and bugs are fixed appropriately.
- Optimize databases for operational and performance efficiency.
- Database management, maintenance and troubleshooting activities.
- Database enhancements and modifications as per customer requests.
- Prepare database project status reports to the project manager.
- Work with programmers, QA team and security personnel to execute database projects according to customer requirements.
Experience & Exposure Required:
- 6+ years of experience as a database Engineer in MS/SQL (BFSI/Insurtech industry domain preferred).
- A good understanding of Object-Oriented Design, Data Structure, Algorithms.
- Database design and development.
- Database security and policies implementation.
- Working knowledge of database optimization, Optimising queries and performance techniques.
- Good understanding of overall web design including basic usability, accessibility, industry standards, architecture, and navigation.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
Database Management, Data Maintenance, Decision Making, Problem Solving, Process Improvement, Requirements Analysis, Attention to Detail, Database Security, Developing Standards, Database Performance Tuning, Operating Systems
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer