We’re revolutionizing tech hiring by giving companies a skills-based hiring platform that allows them to effectively assess technical skills. We're a friendly, motivated, and passionate group looking for more smiling faces to join us. We’re growing fast and looking to add to our Engineering team. This position is full-time and based in Bengaluru.
As a Lead DevOps Engineer, you will play a pivotal part in HackerRanks’s mission to “Accelerate the World’s Innovation”. You enjoy working with an amazing engineering team that’s passionate about creating more opportunities for people by changing the way companies hire and are excited to make an impact.You will also provide leadership in building an Infrastructure toolkit to be used across all HackerRank products. Our tech stack includes React, Rails, MySQL, Redis, Kafka, and a variety of AWS services like SQS, S3, Redshift.We leverage Docker containers in unique ways to optimize performance for developer workloads, using Kubernetes and Eclipse Che.
What you’ll be working on:
- Implementing world-class devops practices for all the product development teams at Hackerrank. Ensure these are evangelized and followed.
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipelines across all of our infrastructure environments: developer, QA, to our production.
- Envision, implement and rollout best devops tooling and automation for all of our services.
- We are unique in that we have consumers facing Ops infrastructure - help build that at Hackerrank scale.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience in DevOps with mentoring or leading a team.
- Tech stack: AWS, Chef, Ubuntu, Docker, Kubernetes, OpsGenie, Honeybadger, Errorception, Datadog, Newrelic
- Experience Dockerizing existing web applications
- Setting up alerts and monitoring for system infrastructure
- Monitoring system and application health
- Cost optimization
- Optimizing the utilization of Redis, Redshift, RDS, Memcache, ElasticSearch, Resque,
- Experience with security and compliance with industry standards such as ISO 27001, SOC2, FedRamp
- Experience with security, threat modeling, penetration testing, static analysis
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery; setting up and operating systems like Jenkins, Travis and providing infrastructure support for multiple suites of regression testing.
HackerRank is a Y Combinator alumnus backed by tier-one Silicon Valley VCs with total funding of over $58 million. The HackerRank Developer Skills Platform is the standard for assessing developer skills for 2,000+ companies across industries and 7M+ developers around the world. Companies like LinkedIn, Stripe, and Peloton rely on HackerRank to objectively evaluate skills against millions of developers at every step of the hiring process, allowing teams to consistently hire the best without wasting engineering cycles. Developers rely on HackerRank to turn their skills into great jobs. We’re data-driven givers who take full ownership of our work and love delighting our customers!
HackerRank is a proud equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal opportunity to everyone for employment on the basis of individual performance and qualification. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Benefits & Perks: As if working alongside the smartest brains wasn’t enough. We have a full package of competitive benefits and perks which include:
- Insurance to all employees (term life, personal accident, medical, gratuity) along with medical insurance for their dependents
- Employee stock options, flexible work hours, and time off
- Employee Reimbursements on gym, telephone, internet, and more
- Daily free lunches and delicious snacks
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer