- Build and enhance relationships with key stakeholders (Professors, Head of Departments) of premier academic institutions (IISc, IITs and others)
- Levarage these relationships to sell offerings/services to key stakeholders (Professors, Chairpersons of centres/departments) in these institutions
- Responsible for new leads generation, systematic follow up and negotiations resulting in new clients addition or new offerings sales to existing customers
- Ability to identify the best option to connect and manage relationships with prospective customers using various modes of communication (In person meetings, phone call, email etc.)
- Be able to understand the decision making styles/aspects of prospective customers and position the offerings tactically to ensure closure of sales
- Discipline and focus to convert prospective customers to long-term customers in a time bound manner
- MBA Marketing with an engineering/science background (preferably). 1-2 years of work experience would be a bonus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship management skills
- Exposure to working with/selling to academia and academic environment (preferable)
- Capable of managing the end to end sales process independently
Unique aspects of the job:
- We provide you a unique opportunity to directly connect, interact and build relationships with the best researchers, academics in the country
- You would be exposed to understand first hand, the key R&D projects and innovations taking place at premier Institutes of our country
- Free hand to develop and implement creative and innovative sales and marketing techniques to ensure sales closure
- Fixed pay + attractive bonus/incentives based on meeting/exceeding sales targets
This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Apply for this position
Login with Twitter or Google to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer
Find your next big break at The Fifth Elephant
Discovering opportunities and finding new people to work with is hard. Especially on the Internet where we hunt for signals amidst the noise.
This is why HasGeek brings people together for offline interactions. The result? High quality conversations and collaborations that help kickstart careers and companies.
Are you curious about data? Attend The Fifth Elephant conference, 27–28 July, and meet some of the top data scientists and engineers in the country. Learn from their successes and mistakes, exchange notes and explore potential working opportunities that can help shape your career.
Since you're a Hasjob user, you get a special discount of 10% on the conference ticket too!