- Build and enhance relationships with key stakeholders (Professors, Head of Departments) of premier academic institutions (IISc, IITs and others)
- Levarage these relationships to sell offerings/services to key stakeholders (Professors, Chairpersons of centres/departments) in these institutions
- Responsible for new leads generation, systematic follow up and negotiations resulting in new clients addition or new offerings sales to existing customers
- Ability to identify the best option to connect and manage relationships with prospective customers using various modes of communication (In person meetings, phone call, email etc.)
- Be able to understand the decision making styles/aspects of prospective customers and position the offerings tactically to ensure closure of sales
- Discipline and focus to convert prospective customers to long-term customers in a time bound manner
- MBA Marketing with an engineering/science background (preferably). 1-2 years of work experience would be a bonus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship management skills
- Exposure to working with/selling to academia and academic environment (preferable)
- Capable of managing the end to end sales process independently
Unique aspects of the job:
- We provide you a unique opportunity to directly connect, interact and build relationships with the best researchers, academics in the country
- You would be exposed to understand first hand, the key R&D projects and innovations taking place at premier Institutes of our country
- Free hand to develop and implement creative and innovative sales and marketing techniques to ensure sales closure
- Fixed pay + attractive bonus/incentives based on meeting/exceeding sales targets
This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Apply for this position
Login with Twitter or Google to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer
Become a better programmer. Join Geekskool for free
- Are you a programmer looking for a foothold in tech startups?
- Are you a professional who wants to make a career change to programming?
- Do you feel you’re comfortable with code and need just a little nudge to become the talent that startups are looking for?
Join Geekskool's 3 month intensive hands-on course on the skills needed to make it in the world of startups. Work on projects that interest you, with experts in the technology industry volunteering as mentors. And did we mention it’s FREE?