- Build and enhance relationships with key stakeholders (Professors, Head of Departments) of premier academic institutions (IISc, IITs and others)
- Levarage these relationships to sell offerings/services to key stakeholders (Professors, Chairpersons of centres/departments) in these institutions
- Responsible for new leads generation, systematic follow up and negotiations resulting in new clients addition or new offerings sales to existing customers
- Ability to identify the best option to connect and manage relationships with prospective customers using various modes of communication (In person meetings, phone call, email etc.)
- Be able to understand the decision making styles/aspects of prospective customers and position the offerings tactically to ensure closure of sales
- Discipline and focus to convert prospective customers to long-term customers in a time bound manner
- MBA Marketing with an engineering/science background (preferably). 1-2 years of work experience would be a bonus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship management skills
- Exposure to working with/selling to academia and academic environment (preferable)
- Capable of managing the end to end sales process independently
Unique aspects of the job:
- We provide you a unique opportunity to directly connect, interact and build relationships with the best researchers, academics in the country
- You would be exposed to understand first hand, the key R&D projects and innovations taking place at premier Institutes of our country
- Free hand to develop and implement creative and innovative sales and marketing techniques to ensure sales closure
- Fixed pay + attractive bonus/incentives based on meeting/exceeding sales targets
This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer
Welcome to Hasjob!
Since 2011, Hasjob has been the place for Indian tech startups to list job opportunities. This is where startups hire before they become big and famous rocketships. All jobs on Hasjob are posted directly by founders or core team members. We do not accept listings from third-party recruiters.
Apply to a job here to join the startup scene in Bangalore, Delhi/NCR, Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, Hyderabad or one of the many other cities.
You can browse all jobs posted in the last 30 days, but logging in is recommended to make the most of Hasjob. Your identity is safe with us.