Grabbd is becoming THE destination to find all the best places. Whether you are planning a night out or your excursions to a new city. Grabbd lets you discover what's trending in any city and get personalized recommendations based on where your friends are going. Grabbd is growing fast with users based all over the world with a high concentration of users in the UK and US.
Grabbd is looking for a Back-end developer who is passionate about solving problems, and is someone who loves to work with new, emerging ideas and technologies.
Experience and attributes we’d like you to have:
1. 2+ years of work experience in NodeJS and good understanding of REST APIs
2. Experience with MySQL and one or more of NoSQL (Mongo, HBase, Cassandra, etc.).
3. Knowledge of Elastic search
4. Able to work with large data sets
5. Strong domain knowledge in indexing and retrieval, recommendation and data mining.
6. Experience with serverless system architecture.
7. Experience in deploying applications to AWS, Azure, etc
8. Excellent problem solving and analytic skills.
Able to work in fast paced, highly demanding environment and handle changing priorities.
Ability to manage time across multiple, simultaneous projects.
A strong portfolio of past work.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
It would be great if you had the below skills:
Experience with React
Experience working with Location-Based APIs.
Experience with distributed version control systems (git).
Experience in Machine Learning.
Solr/Lucene, Hadoop (HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, ZooKeeper, etc.).
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer