This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Lead Software Engineer
Posted by Rajitha Challatur
Gogo India LLP https://hasjob.co/gogoair.com/ndsvv , Chennai · jobs.jobvite.com/gogo/jobs?c=All&l=Chennai%2C+India · Full-time employmentFull-time employment · ProgrammingProgramming
Gogo continues to expand its footprint in the in-flight wireless connectivity and entertainment
space. We are well on our path to over 3,000 commercial planes and over 10,000 business jets. As
we grow in scale, the types of services and applications we can develop continue to expand so we
are seeking additional talent to join our ever-growing team.
This position is for a Technical Lead Engineer who will help us design and develop our next
generation airline services platform. We are building a globally deployed platform for our customers
using some best-in-class, open-source code such as Spring Cloud Netflix and leveraging features such
as Archaius, Hystrix, Zuul and others.
The candidate leads the development resources as a working member of multi-disciplinary, highlyskilled
technical teams to architect, design, develop, test, debug and document software, by
providing the leadership necessary for the delivery of high quality technical solutions and services
that deliver business value.
This role requires strong leadership skills, core Java skills and a solid understanding of building and
deploying micro-services. The ideal candidate is adept at delivering complex technology products
and tools across a diverse portfolio, breaking down barriers for the teams, and planning both at a
higher level and in detail to deliver business value
• Design and develop globally deployed cloud based micro-services solutions with high availability.
• Works with the solution architect to understand and clarify user requirements. Develops web applications and APIs using Java
• Coordinate cross-functional teams to deliver on application maintenance and support activities for existing technology solutions
• Lead and mentor junior developers and drive them into technical discussions
• Be responsible for assessing current software development practices and principles to identify and implement process improvements
Required Skills & Experience
Key Skills: Core Java, Spring, Spring Boot microservices, Hibernate, Struts, Netflix OSS, Web Services,
Web APIs, and Micro-services
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
• 9+ years of experience in systems implementations with a focus on both custom web/mobile application development & commercial software systems implementations; knowledge and
experience in multiple technical disciplines required (development, QA, devops, etc)
• 2 – 5 years of experience in managing software development teams; ability to directly manage and develop direct reports
• Continuously look for new technologies and approaches for the team - help us keep ahead.
• A commitment to excellence, best practices, and the continuous improvement of our products, code base, processes, and tools.
• 5+ years of in-depth development experience with Java.
• Experience in building highly scalable distributed systems.
• Experience in CI/CD and AWS deployments (EC2, SQS, SNS, Lambda, S3, Aurora, DynamoDB)
• Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycles; expert knowledge in Agile and Lean methods. Proponent of DevOps, TDD, Agile/XP practices, and CI/CD pipelines
• Experience in working as Scrum master, should be flexible and adaptive team player. Professional certification in Agile Software Development is preferred (i.e. Certified Scrum Master)
• Ability to work under pressure, prioritize work, coordinate with onsite stakeholders and well organized.
• Work with micro-services teams on RESTful API designs - assist with future scripted API’s and websocket investigations.
• Solid experience with SQL/NoSQL and cloud based technologies.
• Experience in unit testing tools like Junit, Mockito & Powermock.
Gogo’s worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part
of flying. We are a diverse group of technologists, marketers, strategists, and any other function you
can think of- all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning.
We connect the aviation industry and its travellers with innovative technology and applications, and
we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared for a
dynamic ride with people who are passionate about what they’re building.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer