This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
An IT Support Technician monitors and maintains the computer systems and networks of an organization. You could be installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults, and solve technical and application problems.
IT Support Technicians are mainly responsible for the smooth running of computer systems and ensuring users get maximum benefits from them. Individual tasks vary depending on the size and structure of the organization, but you'll generally need to:
- install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications;
- monitor and maintain computer systems and networks;
- talk to staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues;
- troubleshoot the system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults;
- replace parts as required;
- provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
- follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system;
- support the roll-out of new applications;
- set up new users' accounts and profiles and deal with password issues;
- respond within agreed time limits to call-outs;
- work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if required);
- prioritize and manage many open cases at one time;
- rapidly establish a good working relationship with employees and other professionals;
- test and evaluate new technology;
- conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- Due to the nature of the work, you may be expected to be on call, and it may be necessary to work extra hours to finish a job.
- Travel within a working day is sometimes needed, and may be required at short notice.
- Overnight absence from home might be necessary.
- Mandatory: A reputed hardware-networking institute certification.
- Ability to think logically.
- Good understanding of how software, networks and operating systems work.
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is, and explain the solution.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Strong customer focus.
- Attention to detail.
- Transparent Appraisals and Awards.
- A clearly defined Career Path to help you understand and analyze your course of action.
- Live breakfast counter, wholesome lunches, and evening tea and snacks. Every day.
- Free conferences and events, especially tech.
- Yoga sessions to help you rejuvenate.
We like surprising people generously, so you have to work with us to know more about all the perks!
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer