Principal Ad-Tech Engineer - Go360.io
Posted by Sravan Puttagunta (@sputtagunta)
We need a driven and dynamic Principal Ad-tech Engineer to support the rapid expansion of a super cool platform startup that’s (just as rapidly) refreshing a well-established industry. And because it’s bringing innovation to a space that’s never had it (and definitely needed it), it’s making a huge impact on people’s lives. So if you want to get involved at the ground level of something big, then this job might be for you.
The company is a nascent startup –– there’s a collegial culture full of humble, happy, and hardworking people. You’ll definitely love where you’re working, but most importantly, you’ll also love who you’re working with. They’re not out to just hire “employees” here –– they want to bring on new members of a team, who will go on an adventure together to build something incredible.
As the Principal Ad-tech Engineer, you’ll be driving the charge to develop an SDK toolset for integrations into various Ad exchanges and DSP networks. And because we’re bringing new technology to an old industry, we sit at the most exciting crossroads for talent –– you’ll get to work with a wide range of roles, from seasoned engineers all the way to some of the brightest, most brilliant young minds.
Above all else though, we prioritize making meaningful connections –– we deeply value the opportunity to establish authentic, long-term relationships. We want to make sure each and every person has an excellent experience with us at every point, from initial interaction all the way through to interview and beyond.
You should be comfortable with being given autonomy and and confident in taking ownership. You won’t just be working on tasks; you’ll be completing missions, and a LOT of missions at that. You should be energetic and enthusiastic, with an innate ability to genuinely empathize with and empower people. You’ve never met a stranger –– in fact, you’re that rare kind of person who makes everyone feel like an old friend.
And while you’ll always be given the support you need, for true success in this role, we need someone who can step up as a leader. If you are driven to deliver high level, high quality results and you want to join a team that’s doing the same, this could be the perfect position.
• Provide technical support on ad tech SDK integrations, technology updates, and live services of ad products and solutions across all Go360.io platforms and external ad partners.
• Collaborate with Go360.io partners on ad integrations, including writing sample code to facilitate integration.
• Design, write, and maintain sample apps for internal testing and verification of new ad types and features.
• Diagnose issues, debug application code, and propose workarounds to DSP partners and internal teams.
• Vetting and benchmarking new 3rd party SDKs and other technologies to support the growth of our advertising business.
• Participate in developing project scope and timelines, developing implementation specs, and developing technical documentation/briefs.
• 3+ years of related experience in mobile app development
• Degree in computer sciences or related fields, or demonstratable equivalent knowledge and experience.
• Able to communicate effectively and professionally to our external tech partners and internal teams.
• Strong understanding of native iOS and Android development.
• Objective C, Java, C/C++, C#, object oriented design
• Familiarity with Xcode, Android Studio, Visual Studio, Unity
• Great debugging skills - enjoys problem solving and finding solutions to difficult problems, including decipering troubleshooting logs, and using standard tools like proxy tools, VPNs.
• Flexibility in different programming languages and development environments. Ad technology will exist on all platforms.
• Proactive, creative, problem solver, and a self learner. You will be the sole engineer on this team for a couple quarters. Many requests, issues, tasks, and projects will come with little guidance and minimal specifications (if any).
• Project management skills and an ability to prioritize amongst many tasks.
• Familiarity and experience in development on web (HTML, JS, CSS), console, PC, and OTT desired, but not required.
• Experience with source code management with Perforce, Git, CVS, Subversion desired
• Experience with mobile apps ads SDKs, ad serving, and working with Google Ad Manager (DFP) a plus.
• Experience with OpenX, Google Ad Exchange a plus.
• API, database management, and query languages a plus.
• Server side programming and security knowledge a plus
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer