We need a driven and dynamic Senior Software Engineer - Dev Ops to support the rapid expansion of a super cool platform startup that’s (just as rapidly) refreshing a well-established industry. And because it’s bringing innovation to a space that’s never had it (and definitely needed it), it’s making a huge impact on people’s lives. So if you want to get involved at the ground level of something big, then this job might be for you.
The company is a nascent startup –– there’s a collegial culture full of humble, happy, and hardworking people. You’ll definitely love where you’re working, but most importantly, you’ll also love who you’re working with. They’re not out to just hire “employees” here –– they want to bring on new members of a team, who will go on an adventure together to build something incredible.
As the Senior Software Engineer - Dev Ops, you’ll be driving the charge to develop a centralized CI/CD pipeline for cloud webservices, device SDKs and other target containers. Additionally, you will focus on creating and implementing strategies for fleet management of vehicles and OTA software releases via 4G connectivity to different target architectures. And because we’re bringing new technology to an old industry, we sit at the most exciting crossroads for talent –– you’ll get to work with a wide range of roles, from seasoned engineers all the way to some of the brightest, most brilliant young minds.
Above all else though, we prioritize making meaningful connections –– we deeply value the opportunity to establish authentic, long-term relationships. We want to make sure each and every person has an excellent experience with us at every point, from initial interaction all the way through to interview and beyond.
You should be comfortable with being given autonomy and and confident in taking ownership. You won’t just be working on tasks; you’ll be completing missions, and a LOT of missions at that. You should be energetic and enthusiastic, with an innate ability to genuinely empathize with and empower people. You’ve never met a stranger –– in fact, you’re that rare kind of person who makes everyone feel like an old friend.
And while you’ll always be given the support you need, for true success in this role, we need someone who can step up as a leader. If you are driven to deliver high level, high quality results and you want to join a team that’s doing the same, this could be the perfect position.
- Bachelors and/or Masters degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 4 to 6 years of progressively responsible DevOps experience with software development, infrastructure development, or development and operations in enterprise-class projects
- Expertise in system monitoring and alerting strategies and can draw on their experience to drive improvements in system monitoring with automation, third party tools and frameworks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required and the ability to understand software functional specifications
- Demonstrated growth mindset, enthusiastic about learning new technologies quickly and applying the gained knowledge to address business problems
- Exposure to AWS on elasticity, logging, load balancing, blue-green deployment, ELB/ALB, S3, IAM Roles, instance profile, cloud formation, VPC/VPN setup, VPC peering, Elasticsearch
- Knowledge of networks, rest services and database security standards
- Experience in managing Docker containers, job servers and workflow management software
About The Job
- Work under limited direction. Determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is evaluated upon completion to ensure objectives have been met
- Ability to professionally manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision and on schedule
- Contribute to the deployment and release process for high quality software for dockerized Applications
- Implement Security features for data in motion and at rest
- Monitor, Debug & RCA for any service failure
- Experience in administering and operating Hadoop clusters
- Kubernetes and Docker Experience including associated sub-components i.e. Docker Registry, etc. and configuration for managing database & tools like Kafka, Logstash, Kibana etc
- Design and Implement DevOps technologies, configuration management and processes, example: containerization, CI/CD, infrastructure as code, metrics, monitoring, etc
- Practical experience in automation of deployment using technologies of Docker, Artifactory, Jenkins, GIT, SonarQube, Maven
- Build, maintain, and monitor configuration standards using open source technologies & tools. Experience with automation/configuration management (staging, test and production) using either Puppet, Chef or Ansible. Working experience of Kubernetes is big plus
- Work with developers and release team to implement build and release tools into development and production while constructing an on-going support model including release/code and change management for maintaining the strategic environments
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning
- Handle code deployments in all environments
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer