This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Senior Backend Engineer - Ads Platform
Posted by Rashmi Gowda (@RashmiGowda)
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, getting a massage, and two dozen services. It is Indonesia’s first and fastest-growing unicorn building an on-demand empire. It is quite simply the Operating System of Indonesia.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for Product Engineers with strong experience. You will be joining a monetization platform, which builds tools for merchant growth (promotions, ads). You would be working with Elixir, Go, Clojure, and other languages. The positions are based in Bangalore.
As a product engineer, you work with your team and product owner and will be responsible for imagining, building, deploying, and running one or more of these products. You will own the future of the product, ensure its quality, and get to see the results of your efforts in people's everyday lives - merchants are involved in various offerings such as food delivery, offline payment acceptance, POS, financial services, deals, and promotions.
If shortlisted, you will be invited for technical interviews via zoom.
What You Will Need:
- Atleast 3+ years of relevant software development experience with consumer/enterprise products with hands-on experience in designing, developing, testing, and deploying applications for large-scale applications.
- Proficient in OOP, SQL, Design Patterns. Experience with functional programming is a plus.
- hands-on experience in Microservices (HTTP & GRPC)
- Experience in Ruby, Elixir, Erlang, Golang, Clojure, and a willingness to learn others.
- DevOps: Chef, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes
- Data modeling experience in Relational and NoSQL databases.
- Understand and implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Well versed with Agile methodologies, TDD and Test Engineering and Automation.
- Ability to design and implement low latency RESTful/GRPC services.
- Experience troubleshooting server performance - memory issues, GC tuning, resource leaks etc.
- Excellent understanding of interactive application development paradigm, memory management, performance/resource optimizations, database interactions, network programming, concurrency and multithreading, fault tolerance, monitoring, security, and operability of systems.
- Continuously refactor applications to ensure high-quality design.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, estimate, and execute releases with a good degree of predictability.
- Ability to scope, review and refine user stories for technical completeness and to alleviate dependency risks.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer
Answer this survey on privacy and technology
What is the state of privacy enhancing technologies, data security, and compliance, in the Indian tech industry?
This survey, conducted by Hasgeek, in partnership with Omidyar Network India, is aimed at broadly understanding privacy concerns and practices among middle and senior management inside tech organizations, and how factors such as regulated nature of certain businesses, compliance requirements, etc impact the development of privacy enhancing technologies.
Hasgeek invites you to participate in this survey, as a senior tech practitioner and leader in your organization. There are 32 questions in all and should take approximately 15 minutes to answer them.