This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Be a Change Maker! Rural Information Tool based on ROR
We have developed an cloud telephony based portable, flexible and low-cost web tool that can be used by NGO's and Development Sector organisation in rural areas to send vaccination reminders and critical mass messages like govt Jobs, Pest Attacks etc. The web tool with basic functionality has been developed. We have now moved on to the business development stage, and is doing a pilot test of the tool with 2 organisations and results are very good .
But as you know , Indian rural sector is so diverse where each organisation has its own different needs. Our objective is to build a tool flexible enough to be used by all . Having expertise in rural domain our strength lies in going to fields, understand their problem, involve the community and then design the solution for them.
We need some hard code ruby experts who can volunteer on this project and can work from home. There are several functionalities which needs to be still added to make the tool more robust.. The new team member will handle all technical aspects of the project.
He/she will need to:
- Add some missing functionalities like:
1. Making the website in all the major Indian languages (hindi, gujarati, malyalam etc)
2. Generating analytic reports in the excel based on the call summary
3. To integrate Dhwani application with multiple service providers. Currently we are using only one service provider whose API we are using to make calls. We want to integrate our application with all those service provider at the backend. Eg: one service provider is Microsoft IVR junction.(http://www.ivrjunction.org/index.html)
4. Integrating the application with govt websites like Mother and Child Tracking System and open source frameworks like Commcare. (http://www.commcarehq.org/home/)
5. Some More to come as time proceeds.
- Be closely involved in the Beta testing to monitor and modify the system
- Help bringing in scalability and efficiency in the product
- Be a technical guide.
Number of Volunteer Positions available: - No Limit
Idea Canditate: Would be the one who is financial independent and looking as this project to serve the society and believe in the vision also.
Who can apply: – Anyone who have the following skills can apply:
- Able to develop web applications with Ruby on Rails (must).
- Basic knowledge about HTML/HTML5/CSS/JS/PHP.
- Knows basics of HTTP methods.
- Knowledge about Cloud-Telephony.
- Good at Googling stuff, using APIs and a quick learner.
- knowledge about DBMS (preferably Mongo DB ) .
Work from home available: - Yes
Duration: - Till the tool completes.
Start date: - Immediate
Stipend: - We don't have any funding source. Everything has been built with the support of noble people like you. We do have a business model in place and once we achieve scale we are sure we will be able to sustain this business model. But that is for the later part. But believe us you will not regret. Lot of learning, Certificate, Recognition on our Website is what we can offer for the time being and if everything goes well we are also ok if you join us onboard.
Sunandan Madna, Currently enrolled as 2nd year MBA Student at Institute of Rural Management ( IRMA) , Anand, Gujarat. Phone Number - 9601409658,
sunandan89 @gmail.com (ignore the spaces in the email id's)
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer