Lead/Senior Software Engineer (Data Engineering)
Posted by FullContact India HR (@fullcontactindia)
Title: Lead/Senior Software Engineer (Data Engineering)
Location: Remote / Kochi
Experience: 6+ years
The gig: Are you a hacker wizard? Have software product dev experience? Let’s talk!
About Our Tech Stack:
- We work with some of the hottest technologies on the block: Python, Django, Java, Scala, Clojure, ES6/7, React/Redux, Hadoop, Spark, Storm, Cassandra, Kafka, HBase, ElasticSearch, Redis, RabbitMQ, Netflix OSS libraries, just to name a few.
- You want to work with large datasets and implement algorithms that improve the quality and usefulness of our customer's contacts
- You are an awesome programmer, hacker and engineer.
- You have a solid mathematical foundation
- You can critically think through hard problems and emerge with robust, functional solutions
- You know what teamwork means and love to work with others to produce industrial-strength code
- Your software designs have resilience and performance baked into their DNA
- You're unphased by new tech and routinely crack open the source to truly understand it
- You are eager to learn and work in a fast-paced environment
- You can own things! And get it done
Mandatory Skills and Experience
- 6+ years of experience in Data Engineering or Software Engineering with hands-on experience in Big Data, Scala, and Spark.
- Solid experience and exposure to software architect/design methodologies and test-driven development, and strong software engineering principles.
- Expert in building scalable systems
- Sound understanding of CS and Data Structure concepts and implementation
- Solid experience with a variety of databases (SQL, NoSQL, In-Memory, Searchable, etc)
- Experience in working with Git and AWS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience leading/managing a group of Software Engineers in a product environment is a strong plus.
- Bonus Points for Deep understanding and experience developing in the JVM
- You will work closely with the group of dynamic engineers of FullContact, both in India and abroad, to chase down programmatic challenges and day to day engineer-tasks.
- Be part of the architectural design/modification and implementation of the company’s products.
- Process large amounts of data leveraging big data technologies such as Spark, EMR, Kafka and more
- Design and implement scalable software/systems
- Build automated unit and functional testing around features and systems
- Work with a team to build super fast, scalable distributed systems
- Work with a team to solve difficult problems and then successfully implement it
- Work with Product management on understanding features
- Responsible for reviewing current systems, presenting ideas for system improvements.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer