Fractalio Data was conceived in response to the challenge of containing and reliably managing the data explosion that IT enabled organizations of all sizes must eventually grapple with.
At this time, our focus is to build in India, for India.
Our currently shipping product IntegralStor, is a unified platform for data storage, data backup and data replication.
To build out the next phase of the product, we are looking for individuals who like hands-on technology work, and playing a key role in building a solid manual and automated functional and performance testing framework, as well as building/mentoring/leading a team that can carry out such tasks for successive releases.
The work also requires evaluating new open source components and technologies, and prototyping their integration into our product. If so inclined, the individual may also be tasked with building, mentoring and managing a team to carry out such work.
The work involves deep immersion in data storage technologies spanning a wide spectrum of engagement from linux internals to systems building and testing, with the opportunity to work at various levels, from kernel to applications, as well as to work on and contribute to various popular open source projects in data storage and related domains
In interface with the development team, you will play an integral role in co-architecting, testing and defining the functional flow and logic of planned new features that are on our product roadmap. You will continually work with many new open source technology components. This will require you to quickly understand and come up to speed on new systems and understand how they will work together with the existing product components.
You will have the opportunity to build a complete functionality and performance testing suite and hold responsibility for product performance and stability. You will be the go-to person for diagnosing root causes of problems that may manifest in the product and to come up with system level solutions. This will require in-depth knowledge of various components ranging from the kernel, access protocols, system components all the way up to data storage applications.
- (Demonstrable skills more important than academic/work history)
- Minimum 8 years work experience
- (If less than 8 years work experience, but all of it is in linux & data storage, you may still apply)
- Motivated self-starter who can learn about new components and quickly master their configuration and functionality and understand how they affect the overall system.
- Data storage domain skills - Linux/unix filesystems, ZFS, userspace/distributed filesystems, block/object storage, data access protocols (NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, SMB, pNFS, REST)
- Good understanding of networking & protocols (TCP/IP stack etc.) and complex network configurations.
- Familiarity with high-availability systems design, resilience and consistency models in distributed systems
- Familiarity with Linux internals
- Building programs from source using GNU tools, building linux kernel
- Ability to take the essence of a concept, and independently test and validate functional blocks
Good to have:
- Familiarity with the internals of filesystems such as ZFS
- Linux administration / shell scripting
- Familiarity with Python or similar scripting language
- Familiarity with rpm packaging / kickstart / PXE boot
What we offer:
- Small team (where your contributions make all the difference)
- A view into the complete lifecycle of product development - ideation, prototyping, development, building test plans, functional and performance testing and automation, customer deployment, root cause analysis of failure scenarios and resolutions for such problems.
- You will also get an insight into product placement in the market, user feedback and product performance in the market, with the opportunity to suggest and to contribute towards improvements.
- Informal / flexible work environment
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer