This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Backend Engineer with strongly-typed language experience (C#, Java, C++...)
Posted by Alex Jin
What we do in one line 💬
Flixed is building a unified discovery layer for streaming.
The problem we're solving 🧩
In the U.S. alone, media and entertainment companies are investing $120B on original content every year However, this boom in original content has also been accompanied by market fragmentation. There are now 200+ streaming services globally. At Flixed, our view is that a unified discovery layer for streaming should exist. One UI that aggregates content from across the streaming universe, applies your preferences across the content spectrum, and optimizes for one thing — to consistently connect our users with content that they'll love.
About the role ✨
At Flixed we have several major initiatives underway, which involve web crawling, data pipeline design, frontend web app development and more. You'll learn more about the details of these during the interview stages. As backend engineer you'd be helping us build and grow our dataset. Here's an example of what your first month at Flixed will look like:
Your responsibilities (first 1 - 3 months) 👷🏽♂️
- Learn: about our code base, specifically the data repo, which is built in C#
- Get to know your team: one-on-one's with your engineering lead and other team members
- Code: and commit several specialized streaming service scrapers. As an owner of these scrapers you will maintain and continue to improve on their performance
Skills / Attitude Required 🤹🏼
- Undergraduate education with strongly typed languages (C#, Java, C++, C, Objective C, Swift, or Kotlin)
- Undergraduate education with SQL databases
- You are ambitious but also low-ego and willing to do what it takes to help the team
- You not only do your job well, but also support and positively influence those around you.
Bonus Points 🏆
- 2+ years of work experience working with C#, Java, C++, C, Objective C, Swift, or Kotlin
- Experience building APIs (REST, GraphQL, etc).
- Experience reverse engineering and/or crawling websites.
- Experience building consumer web applications.
- You have taken the initiative on building your own personal projects outside of work (doesn't have to be a coding project).
The compensation range for this role will be ₹1,347,000.00 - ₹2,243,334.00 INR annually depending on your years of work experience and cost of living.
Up-to-date job description on this live document.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer