Flatheads - Tech Lead / Full-Stack Developer for E-commerce
Posted by Saurabh KT (@saurabhkt-flatheads)
Hi, we’re Flatheads, a D2C sneaker startup based in Bangalore. We’re looking for a Senior Full-Stack Developer / Tech Lead who can architect and build a superior digital experience for our customers. We’re a 15-member team that includes engineers, marketers and designers from IIT-B, IIM-B, NID, NIFT, etc. Here’s our store: www.flatheads.in
As a Senior Full-Stack Developer / Tech Lead, your work will involve the following:
- Building a tech roadmap and planning sprints
- Understand website conversion metrics and optimise site for the same
- Working closely with the Marketing and Operations teams to prioritise and implement their tech requirements
- Marketing requirements are typically:
- Building landing pages and code snippets for marketing campaigns
- Optimising web pages for fast loading
- Occasional store re-design, taking a PSD/mock or concept and turning it into a smooth, working experience for customers
- Building features that delight customers. eg: Shoe customiser, 3D rotatable product images, etc.
- Operations requirements are typically:
- Automating internal workflows such as creating order exchanges, invoicing, etc.
- Working with third-party companies and developers for tech integrations
- Managing external freelance UI/UX designers and/or developers to build features
- Auditing our current tech stack and suggesting improvements that ultimately increase our e-commerce sales
Here’s what we’re looking for in a candidate:
- 3+ years experience building web apps, following best practices when writing code
- Ability to prioritise requirements, manage expectations and deliver within set timelines
- Good eye for design and motivated to build perfectly responsive, performant web apps
- Good understanding of using Chrome dev tools for debugging
- Follow the 3 principles KISS, DRY, YAGNI. You must understand what they are and why they are a good idea.
- Our store runs on Shopify. So candidates with experience working on Shopify are preferred
- In the initial months, most work will be front-end focused but going forward, we will experiment with alternate e-commerce platforms, build intelligence using data, etc.
- Experience with reverse-engineering front-end components will be useful
Location: Indiranagar, Bangalore
Salary: Industry standard / Based on experience
We believe that online shopping, as consumers experience it today, has tremendous room for improvement. At Flatheads, our goal with technology is to set the benchmark for how customers engage with digital-first direct-to-consumer brands. If this excites you, please apply with your LinkedIn profile/resume + past work.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer