Game Simulation Programmer at Fields of View
Posted by Sruthi Krishnan (@sruthik)
Fields of View, ranked as one of the top think tanks of India, Japan, China, and South Korea, is looking for a programmer. We design games and simulations for public policy, and we have an interdisciplinary team with folks whose backgrounds range from arts, technology, social sciences, and law. Bharath M. Palavalli, one of the co-founders, was recently elected to be an Ashoka Fellow.
A programmer in Fields of View will work on various projects for FoV, developing tools as per the project requirements and providing assistance to the other teams in developing digital content. The ability to estimate development time and the ability to adapt to deliver reliable quality code is highly valued.
Fields of View is an interdisciplinary group - therefore, the developer is expected to work with people from diverse backgrounds. The developer will be working on multiple projects - therefore, ability to switch contexts, and deliver according to timelines is a must.
We are a not-for-profit research organisation and the position is based in Bangalore. Women developers are encouraged to apply.
- Ability to work with UNIX / Linux with ease
- Databases: PostgreSQL/MySQL/ NoSQL
- Java / C++ / C#
- Python / Perl
- Scripting: BASH/Python/Perl
- Testing: JUnit/PyUnit
- Django / Ruby on Rails
- Being up-to-date with the latest technologies and concepts in software design.
- Examples of scalable, clean, collaborative and maintainable code.
- Ability to use existing plug-ins and frameworks effectively.
- Proficiency in GIS tools
- Working with Simulation tools such as AnyLogic, NetLogo, MATSIM, etc.
- Contributor to a popular open source project.
- Basic system administration to maintain a web server and database management.
- Unity Game Engine
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer